Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beard help

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    The neck should be protected even though it does not look good.
    Hell naw... Shave that sh*+ off!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    I shaved recently not realizing No Shave November was in effect.

I think I'm going to grow it out to include Decembeard.

I need it for the cold weather.

Interesting idea about the length that effects the itchy phase.

Watch this video if you want to grow a really nice beard...

The Worst Beard Habit and How to Avoid It

How to stop pulling your beard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smzusRh5vAU

My only questions now is if I can get away with a neck beard for a bit since my neck gets very cold outside when it's below freezing.
    A beard is armor and it's designed to protect. The neck should be protected even though it does not look good.
    Buy a scarf.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Haven't shaved since 1968 (when beards weren't accepted in conservative circles - back then it was mostly hippies and Hell's Angels) so I don't remember what the itch thing was like.

Now, like piercings and tattoos, everyone and his brother has one. Glad guys are getting in touch with their whiskers now though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just retired from one job and went to another PD where we can do beards full time. Got started on No Shave November early...The itch does go away pretty quickly. When just starting out, in the absence of any creams or oils, using conditioner to help soften it up knocks out a lot of the itch.

We’re not restricted on length, only the “suggestion” that it remain professional. We have a couple dudes that are rocking full-blown lumberjacks (just shaped well, not excessively long) but man are they luxurious. No homo, but the one black dude has a silver streak down the goatee that looks like it’s out of a movie. I can’t pull that shit off...LOL

Anyway, my struggle is trying to get it longer and straighter (been using a boar brush religiously) but I get fliers that stick straight out and I can’t get them to lay down.

Feedback Score
    My daughter will be a mother in the spring, and is 33. She's never seen me without whiskers, and threatened me if I shaved for her wedding.
    Yeah, shave your neck. Without that, it doesn't look like a beard, it just looks like you couldn't be bothered to shave.
    Bruce Catton, the historian, referred to the Civil War as 'that much bearded era', a time we seem to be revisiting. The beard was more fun when there weren't so many.
    Tho' my eye doctor thot' I was 10 years younger than my actual 71. I'll take that deal!
    Moon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Mom has a habit of asking questions sometimes in a rather annoying way.
    My Stepdad noticed this one Sunday when she suggested he shave before Church.
    He grew that beard for the next eight years...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Hell naw... Shave that sh*+ off!
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Buy a scarf.
    Thanks for setting me straight.

I have a fleece neck gator (its like a tube you pull one your head that covers the neck). Looks like a turtle neck.

I also have a fleece scarf if needed.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A beard is a push up bra for men.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234