Thread: Spider Man: Far From Home (Review)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Spider Man: Far From Home (Review)

This movie goes about the continuation of Spider Man as it should be with Peter Parker, fun and not too serious. Lots of references to End Game, and Parker (Tom Holland) does a solid job of the character. It starts out seemingly as a lame predictable super hero movie with Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio, and take a twist that makes it original and interesting.

It's skewed very young (Parker being a high school student and all) but it's well done all around and overall, a fun time was had. Unlike End Game and prior movies, it does not take itself too seriously. There's also some really impressive visuals in parts that are really creative.

Personally, I could always live with less Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) who per usual, brings nothing to the movie nor that part. If anything, he's more animated and less one dimensional than prior movies. Yes, there's some all inclusive multicultural wokeness in this movie, but they don't beat you to death with it and it does not detract/ruin the movie.

A-/B+

Last edited by WillBrink; 11-21-19 at 14:54.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Have to agree with you completely, except the Nick Fury part. I think SLJ nails the part and adds to every movie he is in with that role.

I really like that the Spider Man movies don't have big world ending bad guys.

Even though Spiderman can punch with the big guys in a crisis, he is a kid. And the bag guys he faces and that challenge him when solo show that.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Have to agree with you completely, except the Nick Fury part. I think SLJ nails the part and adds to every movie he is in with that role.

I really like that the Spider Man movies don't have big world ending bad guys.

Even though Spiderman can punch with the big guys in a crisis, he is a kid. And the bag guys he faces and that challenge him when solo show that.
    In the right part, he's good, but he's such a one dimensional actor it's not funny. Basically, when he's being SLJ, he's fine. All I see is SLJ with an eye patch on myself basically being SLJ. I enjoy him in some movies, buy he's essentially the same character in every movie with a different wardrobe. He was well cast for Shaft for obvious reasons. I actually did think this was his best NF version yet.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”