Thread: Beard help

Feedback Score
    double tap
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Their beard and scruff is good.

https://cremocompany.com/beard

Their shave cream is super slick when you shave it off also.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That itchiness is just the testosterone returning to your system. Embrace it

I’ve had a beard for so long I don’t even remember the itchiness or if I had any.

I tried beard oil once, got it as a Christmas gift- it was not for me.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    It has been a very long time since I shaved.

However, a little bit of oil and a basic hair brush can make a big difference at least to start off. For me at least, I have not gone shorter than a “3” on an electric trimmer since 2014.

Oh, and unless you are a drug dealer or shady cop, keep the bear trimmed above your Adam’s apple and not longer than 1/2”. Arbitrary number there, I have no idea where I keep it. But I know that every 1/4” longer you let it grow, it adds ten years to your perceived age. Also arbitrary, but I think fairly accurate.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don’t really recall an itchy phase. Of course I grew it in ‘76 and haven’ t shaved it since, so I don’t remember much:)

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    I tried beard oil once, got it as a Christmas gift- it was not for me.
    That is because, despite our disagreements over some matters, you are heterosexual versus metrosexual.

Got to admit I speak somewhat from jealousy, even though I'm pretty good on the big T, I grow a crappy looking beard. I think it's because I'm 1/1024th Native American.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Stick with it. The itchiness doesn't persist that long. I just use regular hair conditioner on mine.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    IIRC the itchy phase is like day 4-10, then it's just normal.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 11-10-19 at 13:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some here feel they’re too manly for beard products, but I’m not one of them. If I don’t use beard shampoo and oil my skin gets super dry and flaky. Nothing says gross like running your fingers through your beard and creating a snow squall. Contrary to popular opinion, beard oil does not reduce dick size. If you’re worried though, they do make them unscented.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast