Thread: what do you call a good group shooting prone with support only from the mag at 100 yd

Feedback Score

what do you call a good group shooting prone with support only from the mag at 100 yd

what do you call a good group shooting prone with support only from the magazine at 100 yd

Feedback Score
    Depends on the rifle, optics, ammo...

I can shoot a a high-power optic better than an lpvo better than an ACOG better than a red dot better than irons better than a laser.

Context matters for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    14.5” or 16” carbine shooting m193 with a 1-4X LPVO; <2” is a good group in my hands with my equipment.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With irons, XM193, and my weak eyesight, monopoding off the mag, I'd probably be okay with anything about 4MOA or less. I know I can do better than that, but any larger than 4", under the above conditions, is the point at which I'd probably begin to viciously berate myself for shooting poorly.
    Thanks to my eyes distorting the dot slightly, I believe that I'm actually somewhat less accurate with an Aimpoint at that distance, but also faster.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 11-09-19 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    shooting from the mag for support with a 14.5" barrel and 1-6x scope on 6x and 62 gr plinking ammo

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    2-4” 5-10rnd groups, depending on how much your gun likes that ammo
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    A MAGA group.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Ammo and equipment play a pretty big part. The following ten shot group was from 49 yards today with back up irons through a RDS and green tip:
    Attachment 59555

This was fired monopoding off the mag. I made my adjustment happily and drove on.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 11-09-19 at 19:48. Reason: Edit to say I don't know why the picture is sideways, grammar, and added firing position. .

Feedback Score
    4 inches with plinking ammo. If you’re talking about 5-10 shot groups. You could cherry pick a 3rd group or get lucky with 3 shots. For me is there is a rear bag, that is what really makes the difference when shooting for groups. But your reticle makes a difference. My 1-8 accupower is a great scope and I have no problem hitting 400 but the center crosshair is thicker and it’s not ideal for 100yd groups just like if you have a large 4 moa dot or a bigger reticle like a strike Eagle.