Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scalarworks LEAP micro. Who has one?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Scalarworks LEAP micro. Who has one?

Just got a good deal on an aimpoint comp m5 and have been looking at scalarworks LEAP mount for it. It seems like they have great reviews, but I’m skeptical of the method of attachment; the thumb screw. How does it hold up to hard use? I’d imagine that if you tighten it hand tight and you hit something with it, it could likely come loose. Maybe I’m wrong. Anyone have any Experience with them?
    Last edited by Bomba07; 11-09-19 at 12:47.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Look down below in the Optics and Mounts forum, they are mentioned in plenty of threads.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m an idiot. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I own 2 LEAP mounts. They are hands down my favorite red dot mount. The thumb drive screw or whatever they call it has a ball and detent that doesn't allow it to move unless you want it to. Mine have rode around and bounced around in the floorboard of my pickup, been ran hard, and have never loosened up one single click, I have witness marks on them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I own 2 LEAP mounts. They are hands down my favorite red dot mount. The thumb drive screw or whatever they call it has a ball and detent that doesn't allow it to move unless you want it to. Mine have rode around and bounced around in the floorboard of my pickup, been ran hard, and have never loosened up one single click, I have witness marks on them.
    Good to know. Thanks for the reply. I just ordered one from SKD TAC. Can’t wait to see how it does.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ll have one here Tuesday with a T2.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Scalarworks LEAP micro. Who has one?

I’ve had one for my T2 for a few years and really like it. But it is on the HD gun which doesn’t get used often. Either way, they’re popular enough that I think we would’ve seen issues by now. And their website has a lot of awesome info in the product descriptions which doesn’t hurt either.

I debate one of the scope mounts pretty often, I just feel like the 1.93 looks weird though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have two of them. One is on my Patrol Rifle at work. I supervise a K-9 unit and often will go as a cover officer on tracks for armed suspects. It’s not uncommon for my gear (and my body) to get banged around a bit when going through brush and wooded areas, especially at night. This mount doesn’t catch on stuff and has held zero. Every time I’ve bench rested my gun and checked, my zero is still good.

They’re not cheap to buy, but I really like the LEAP mounts so much that I bought a second one for my spare training rifle.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 11-14-19 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’ve had one for my T2 for a few years and really like it. But it is on the HD gun which doesn’t get used often. Either way, they’re popular enough that I think we would’ve seen issues by now. And their website has a lot of awesome info in the product descriptions which doesn’t hurt either.

I debate one of the scope mounts pretty often, I just feel like the 1.93 looks weird though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve always wanted one of their scope mounts, but there is no way in hell im paying the price they’re asking. Maybe the micro mount can persuade me to buy one some day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I have two of them. One is on my Patrol Rifle at work. I supervise a K-9 unit and often will go as a cover officer on tracks for armed suspects. It’s not uncommon for my gear (and my body) to get banged around a bit when going through brush and wooded areas, especially at night. This mount doesn’t catch on stuff and has held zero every time I’ve he Med to. Erich my zero is still good.

They’re not cheap to buy, but I really like the LEAP mounts so much that I bought a second one for my spare training rifle.

Thanks for the feed back. I plan on putting it on a rifle that’s going to get beat to hell. Lots of barrier stuff and weird shooting positions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast