Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Vibra Tite like Blue locktite

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Vibratite VC-3 is my preferred threadlocker. I use it on scope ring screws, some other parts, and various tractor parts that get 1000x more vibration than a gun. I haven't had anything loosen on its own when properly applied, and it works much better than nylock nuts on the tractor.

Be sure you apply it to the bolt/stud threads separately and allow it to dry (about 15 minutes) before assembling the parts, otherwise it doesn't work right. It will not dry to something useful if assembled when it's still wet. However, you can apply it and wait days or weeks, probably much longer even, and it will work fine. Threads must be clean and free of oil, same as for Loctite products.

VC-3 is not a glue like Loctite. It's basically a really thick and sticky substance that dries in place and prevents free movement, so parts don't loosen by shaking. You can unscrew the parts without excess force, but they won't spin freely. If your bolt or stud is a lot longer than the joint area, only apply VC-3 to the joint area so you can still spin the nut on freely to where it starts to hold force.

They claim up to 3 re-uses but in my experience 1 re-use is the practical limit if you actually care about the part staying assembled. Still 1 more than Loctite / CA type products.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 11-12-19 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Vibratite is good for mounts and scope rings. For an RDS on a handgun I would use blue loctite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12