Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: We Need To Do Better

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    The first part about religion is a direct violation of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd commandments of God, so no I'm not a fan nor would the Protestant reformers have been a fan either. Those are the principles of a religionist. Ask yourself this simple question...has God given you the "right" to sin?
    You have free will. If you sin, or break the law, you pay the consequences. Give unto Caesar and whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Respectfully, I’m just going to say it: folks like you are great at turning people away. You are theocrats, which is in direct conflict with how the founders set up this republic. Even though nearly all were Christian, they knew that a Christian theocracy was a terrible idea.

Can’t help but feel like these bullsh*t squabbles over gay wedding cakes and other such distractions are spearheaded by people like you. You’re doing damage to the cause of liberty, please try to see it. Your type are being played like a fiddle. A close-minded, nosey, preachy obnoxious fiddle. And then used as propaganda.

Please don’t be offended by any of this. I’m just trying to get my point across and if I said something insulting, that wasn’t my intent.

We need to give people we disagree with space to pursue happiness as they see fit, and stay over the REAL target: shrinking government.
    The truth always turns unbelievers away...they hate it. The founders, even though they had some decent principles, weren't particular good religionists and/or Christians. And I don't believe in a theocracy as you understand it, for instance the mulahs of Iran. If you think the sodomites are just going to be swell upstanding live and let live citizens, I got a bridge in NY I want to sell you. I don't have a problem at all with shrinking the gov't since I believe in limited sovereignty concerning the magistrate. But in my world view magistrates are held accountable to God and to His law...that's Christian and that's where I stand even if alone. Libertarianism is amoral from my point of view.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The first part about religion is a direct violation of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd commandments of God, so no I'm not a fan nor would the Protestant reformers have been a fan either. Those are the principles of a religionist. Ask yourself this simple question...has God given you the "right" to sin?
    I think it is a much better deal than enforcing a state religion. Connecticut was officially Congregationalist till 1818 as an example.

Now if only we could prevent the state being a religion unto itself with it's 2 main sects.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    You have free will. If you sin, or break the law, you pay the consequences. Give unto Caesar and whatnot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe in libertarian free will, it's a fiction. I'll ask again, has God given you the right to sin? And the scripture concerning Caesar is one of the most misused scriptures ever. Let me put it in a modern context...same principle applied...render unto Hitler what is Hitler's. Do you agree with that?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    He's mentioned before that he believes the Constitution was a mistake.
    I believe there are many good and useful things in the constitution and I believe that there are things very bad. Starting with we the people as the ultimate authority. Plain and simple, for a people that was exposed to the gospel as much as the Europeans and later the American were the founders showed quite conclusive who they thought sat of the throne of the universe.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I think it is a much better deal than enforcing a state religion. Connecticut was officially Congregationalist till 1818 as an example.

Now if only we could prevent the state being a religion unto itself with it's 2 main sects.
    Is atheism your preference for a state religion? Because that's basically what we have had for a while now. It's not my preference.

Feedback Score
    Welp, this thread is a dumpster fire. Thanks guys. LOL.

No seriously, I ask everyone to help come up with tactics for ways for small-government liberty culture to win more support, and we all start squabbling over religion, which is one of the exact problems that turns people away from the right. It’s like a micro version of our problems on the national level, haha. We can’t put our swords down and agree with each other on much. There is no We, it seems. We’re all just here because we like guns, as Tom put it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe there are many good and useful things in the constitution and I believe that there are things very bad. Starting with we the people as the ultimate authority. Plain and simple, for a people that was exposed to the gospel as much as the Europeans and later the American were the founders showed quite conclusive who they thought sat of the throne of the universe.
    More than a few of them appeared to think they sat on it.

Lots of good ideas, just need to have fines, prison sentences, and hanging by the neck until dead for violations of each section.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-09-19 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is atheism your preference for a state religion? Because that's basically what we have had for a while now. It's not my preference.
    Looks like that was stated as the case in 1796.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Welp, this thread is a dumpster fire. Thanks guys. LOL.

No seriously, I ask everyone to help come up with tactics for ways for small-government liberty culture to win more support, and we all start squabbling over religion, which is one of the exact problems that turns people away from the right. It’s like a micro version of our problems on the national level, haha. We can’t put our swords down and agree with each other on much. There is no We, it seems. We’re all just here because we like guns, as Tom put it.
    I try to stick to the not breaking others legs nor picking their pockets and expecting the same in return which is more than many/most can bear.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast