Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We Need To Do Better

Feedback Score

We Need To Do Better

Some comments in the VA elections 2019 thread got me thinking: Leftists have turned or are making serious strides toward turning CO, VA, AZ, blue. They’re doing very well in areas where they previously weren’t just a decade ago. Why? I appreciate your analysis.

One component I believe is that our messengers, i.e. our media personalities, keeping falling for social policy traps set for us. The LGBTQ stuff . . . . the only proper response, and the response that takes sound-bytes away from leftist propagandists, is WHO CARES. Gays and Trannies are a very small percentage of the population, and I believe that a vast majority of Americans care exponentially more about their taxes, their wellness, their rights, their safety, deficit spending, literally any other issue, where traditionally conservatives and libertarians have the better ideas and arguments. But every time some dolt with a public platform goes on a tirade for an hour about what we’re supposed to call trannies, what bathroom they’re gonna use, And how many genders there are, the leftists make us look like bigots and idiots. We become evil caricatures rather than reasonable people worth listening to. Then, whereas some moderate voters might have listened to our leaders regarding tax policy, they tune them out due to having an intolerant stance on f#cking trannies. Trannies of all things. Trannies cost us a vote. Trannies.

Is THAT the hill we want to die on? Some-odd 15-30 millions LGBTQ peoples’ rights? We’re going to hitch the whole liberty movement on that sh*t??? Come on. We can’t play their game. We need to see these issues as traps, as trivial nonsense, and we need to stick to the MAIN IDEAS that mostly everyone cares about. We need to do better. Our arguments are sound, our ideas are proven winners, theirs are proven losers. This should be a f#cking cake walk. But they are GAINING ground. And I can’t help but think it’s partly because we play along with their caricature of us.

What are some other things besides shutting the hell up about unimportant silly issues that we might be able to do to begin winning hearts and minds again?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Some comments in the VA elections 2019 thread got me thinking: Leftists have turned or are making serious strides toward turning CO, VA, AZ, blue. They’re doing very well in areas where they previously weren’t just a decade ago. Why? I appreciate your analysis.

One component I believe is that our messengers, i.e. our media personalities, keeping falling for social policy traps set for us. The LGBTQ stuff . . . . the only proper response, and the response that takes sound-bytes away from leftist propagandists, is WHO CARES. Gays and Trannies are a very small percentage of the population, and I believe that a vast majority of Americans care exponentially more about their taxes, their wellness, their rights, their safety, deficit spending, literally any other issue, where traditionally conservatives and libertarians have the better ideas and arguments. But every time some dolt with a public platform goes on a tirade for an hour about what we’re supposed to call trannies, what bathroom they’re gonna use, And how many genders there are, the leftists make us look like bigots and idiots. We become evil caricatures rather than reasonable people worth listening to. Then, whereas some moderate voters might have listened to our leaders regarding tax policy, they tune them out due to having an intolerant stance on f#cking trannies. Trannies of all things. Trannies cost us a vote. Trannies.

Is THAT the hill we want to die on? Some-odd 15-30 millions LGBTQ peoples’ rights? We’re going to hitch the whole liberty movement on that sh*t??? Come on. We can’t play their game. We need to see these issues as traps, as trivial nonsense, and we need to stick to the MAIN IDEAS that mostly everyone cares about. We need to do better. Our arguments are sound, our ideas are proven winners, theirs are proven losers. This should be a f#cking cake walk. But they are GAINING ground. And I can’t help but think it’s partly because we play along with their caricature of us.

What are some other things besides shutting the hell up about unimportant silly issues that we might be able to do to begin winning hearts and minds again?
    Pretty sure all those people have the same rights as everybody else already.

It’s about lies and messaging.

The left markets the Baker HAS to bake the cake for the tranny wedding despite it violating his religious beliefs. The left hates religion and doesn’t believe that’s an adequate response to the dilemma.

The left states some groups are “more equal”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It would not make a bit of difference. There are a couple of dozen issues we disagree on and you could make the same case for each. What, should we compromise or give up every issue to appease the left? Do you truly believe that appeasing them on only one issue, or even all issues will get then to support 2A rights?

The left is taking the lazy path. Tolerance for every deviation and wrath at anything that requires self discipline and responsibility. Over time more and more people gravitate to that. Less thinking and more demanding and less accountability.

This is why great civilizations die. Once greatness is achieved then people start looking for the easy way. Get others to pay. Don’t enforce laws. More free stuff. Laziness begets more laziness.

There is no self-correcting mechanism in the average human nature. Once we disallow in social discussion any talk of God or any ultimate set of boundaries, then it is easy to keep sliding the acceptable behavior and towards more and more chaos and less productivity. If the ultimate law rests entirely on man’s choice, then he will always choose worse and worse as a group. Until some outside force disrupts them so much they have to strip down to object survival and accept there are external forces and rules beyond man.

I believe we passed the tipping point some time ago. We can try to slow the downward social slide but ultimately human nature wants to devolve into corruption and savagery.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Not going to acquiesce to libertarian policies, I would have to renounce my religion first so I could be consistent. Not happening. Besides, I never put my trust in magistrates.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Not going to acquiesce to libertarian policies, I would have to renounce my religion first so I could be consistent. Not happening. Besides, I never put my trust in magistrates.
    If you haven’t noticed the Bible thumping spiel doesn’t help matters either.

So said attitudes are part of the problem.

Want to make headway? Get government out of people’s lives, their marriages, and their homes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Want to make headway? Get government out of people’s lives, their marriages, and their homes.

Spoken like a true reprobate there jp. I can tell by your charitable respond that ultimately we're enemies who happen to like shooting guns. And as difficult as it is, I couldn't do it with out God's grace, I'm to love and pray for you. And that's what I'll do along with thumping my Bible.

Amazingly, I didn't thump my Bible, but only spoke of religion in general. You on the other hand, thumped your atheism pretty hard. You just can't help yourself can you?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/zgmg2VFX058 . This has helped me make some sense of what is going on with the Democrats

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Spoken like a true reprobate there jp. I can tell by your charitable respond that ultimately we're enemies who happen to like shooting guns. And as difficult as it is, I couldn't do it with out God's grace, I'm to love and pray for you. And that's what I'll do along with thumping my Bible.

Amazingly, I didn't thump my Bible, but only spoke of religion in general. You on the other hand, thumped your atheism pretty hard. You just can't help yourself can you?
    I get that his post was antagonistic and probably intended to push your buttons, but where is he promoting Atheism? By suggesting we should all be free to worship as we please without the involvement of the state?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Self-righteous Pharisees don’t mind Statism, so long as the State operates as a theocracy and sanctions their zealotry.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

There’s nothing you can do. History moves in great cycles: civilizations appear, rise, reach an apogee, decline, and eventually collapse. This one will be no different.

Accept it and move on.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast