Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: We Need To Do Better

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    I get that his post was antagonistic and probably intended to push your buttons, but where is he promoting Atheism? By suggesting we should all be free to worship as we please without the involvement of the state?
    I've interacted with ole' jp before and he's an atheist, that's what he believes in, that's his world view. So we can't have all that "Bible thumping" as a viable position, what would be the go to position for jp? That's right...atheism.

I don't agree with the notion that "we are free to worship as we please", that might be the position of a religious pluralist, but that sure ain't the position of God Almighty and His word. People died at His hands for practicing that form of idolarty. It would take too long for me to explain my views of God, and the state. But I will say this, God has a HUGE interest in the nature and function of the state...He is sovereign over every...single...thing. If you really want to know something about my view then when you have some time and are so inclined read Psalm 2 for instance and get back to me and we can talk.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    It would not make a bit of difference. There are a couple of dozen issues we disagree on and you could make the same case for each. What, should we compromise or give up every issue to appease the left? Do you truly believe that appeasing them on only one issue, or even all issues will get then to support 2A rights?

The left is taking the lazy path. Tolerance for every deviation and wrath at anything that requires self discipline and responsibility. Over time more and more people gravitate to that. Less thinking and more demanding and less accountability.

This is why great civilizations die. Once greatness is achieved then people start looking for the easy way. Get others to pay. Don’t enforce laws. More free stuff. Laziness begets more laziness.

There is no self-correcting mechanism in the average human nature. Once we disallow in social discussion any talk of God or any ultimate set of boundaries, then it is easy to keep sliding the acceptable behavior and towards more and more chaos and less productivity. If the ultimate law rests entirely on man’s choice, then he will always choose worse and worse as a group. Until some outside force disrupts them so much they have to strip down to object survival and accept there are external forces and rules beyond man.

I believe we passed the tipping point some time ago. We can try to slow the downward social slide but ultimately human nature wants to devolve into corruption and savagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    There’s nothing you can do. History moves in great cycles: civilizations appear, rise, reach an apogee, decline, and eventually collapse. This one will be no different.

Accept it and move on.
    You all aren’t doing anything to help with my recent anxiety/ depression over these past few days, LoL.

Pilgrim: not appease the left, ATRACT moderates. Like I said, we have sound arguments and irrefutable ideas with proven track records. We just need to stay on topic and avoid these stupid hot button topics that are of zero consequence to most people.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I've interacted with ole' jp before and he's an atheist, that's what he believes in, that's his world view. So we can't have all that "Bible thumping" as a viable position, what would be the go to position for jp? That's right...atheism.

I don't agree with the notion that "we are free to worship as we please", that might be the position of a religious pluralist, but that sure ain't the position of God Almighty and His word. People died at His hands for practicing that form of idolarty. It would take too long for me to explain my views of God, and the state. But I will say this, God has a HUGE interest in the nature and function of the state...He is sovereign over every...single...thing. If you really want to know something about my view then when you have some time and are so inclined read Psalm 2 for instance and get back to me and we can talk.
    Got it. Not a fan of this then, I suppose:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    He's mentioned before that he believes the Constitution was a mistake.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    He's mentioned before that he believes the Constitution was a mistake.
    I must've missed that. I'll not waste anymore time on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post

Respectfully, I’m just going to say it: folks like you are great at turning people away. You are theocrats, which is in direct conflict with how the founders set up this republic. Even though nearly all were Christian, they knew that a Christian theocracy was a terrible idea.

Can’t help but feel like these bullsh*t squabbles over gay wedding cakes and other such distractions are spearheaded by people like you. You’re doing damage to the cause of liberty, please try to see it. Your type are being played like a fiddle. A close-minded, nosey, preachy obnoxious fiddle. And then used as propaganda.

Please don’t be offended by any of this. I’m just trying to get my point across and if I said something insulting, that wasn’t my intent.

We need to give people we disagree with space to pursue happiness as they see fit, and stay over the REAL target: shrinking government.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    PM sent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Respectfully, I’m just going to say it: folks like you are great at turning people away. You are theocrats, which is in direct conflict with how the founders set up this republic. Even though nearly all were Christian, they knew that a Christian theocracy was a terrible idea.

Can’t help but feel like these bullsh*t squabbles over gay wedding cakes and other such distractions are spearheaded by people like you. You’re doing damage to the cause of liberty, please try to see it. Your type are being played like a fiddle. A close-minded, nosey, preachy obnoxious fiddle. And then used as propaganda.

Please don’t be offended by any of this. I’m just trying to get my point across and if I said something insulting, that wasn’t my intent.

We need to give people we disagree with space to pursue happiness as they see fit, and stay over the REAL target: shrinking government.
    I’m hardly a theocrat. But anybody that thinks that the state should force private business transactions is the problem. **** slavery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The first part about religion is a direct violation of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd commandments of God, so no I'm not a fan nor would the Protestant reformers have been a fan either. Those are the principles of a religionist. Ask yourself this simple question...has God given you the "right" to sin?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    There’s nothing you can do. History moves in great cycles: civilizations appear, rise, reach an apogee, decline, and eventually collapse. This one will be no different.

Accept it and move on. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS IS TRUTH ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What I want to know is how to profit from the decline ?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast