Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single Stage Trigger Comparison

Feedback Score

Single Stage Trigger Comparison

I was just reading the post from the guy who is looking for a nice single-stage trigger. The LaRue MBT 1S was mentioned. I am pretty impressed by the LaRue MBT 2S that I have. How does the 1S compare to an ALG ACT or a BCM PNT for those of you that have used both? I have used the BCM and the ACT a good bit, and was wondering if the LaRue was a big improvement over either of them. I would add that I would probably use it with the heavier trigger spring for reliability. Any opinions are appreciated.
    Last edited by squid8286; 11-12-19 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    The Larue MBT 2S is a great 2 stage but has a very wide trigger shoe, so id imagine the single is similar to it with a S3G style pull. Those who have hands on please chime in.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by squid8286 View Post
    I was just reading the post from the guy who is looking for a nice single-stage trigger. The LaRue MBT 1S was mentioned. I am pretty impressed by the LaRue MBT 2S that I have. How does the 1S compare to an ALG ACT or a BCM PNT for those of you that have used both? I have used the BCM and the ACT a good bit, and was wondering if the LaRue was a big improvement over either of them. I would add that I would probably use it with the heavier trigger spring for reliability. Any opinions are appreciated.
    I tried the 1S. It was a step down from the no-name FCG's that have come in PSA guns I've shot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I tried the 1S. It was a step down from the no-name FCG's that have come in PSA guns I've shot.
    Thanks. I hate to hear that. Guess I'll stick with what I'm already using.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks. I hate to hear that. Guess I'll stick with what I'm already using.
    I would not let one less than positive comment about the MBT-1S sway your decision. They are many guys that like and prefer the MBT-2S over any Geissele, but there are those who do not like the MBT-2S for one reason or another. For the money, it would be worth trying the MBT-1S and if you did not like it, you could sell it and get your money back.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I would not let one less than positive comment about the MBT-1S sway your decision. They are many guys that like and prefer the MBT-2S over any Geissele, but there are those who do not like the MBT-2S for one reason or another. For the money, it would be worth trying the MBT-1S and if you did not like it, you could sell it and get your money back.
    Even on Larue's own website, the 1S has a 3.8 star rating out of 5, compared to the 5 star rating on the 2S. Most reviews are not positive, so I think WS6' experience is more than valid and is representative of a large group of end users.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 11-13-19 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have several MBT-2S's and one MBT-1S.

In terms of other single stages I've used ALG ACT, PSA EPT, and run of the mill mil-spec.

When I first shot the MBT-1S, I didn't like it, it was, for lack of better terms, too smooth and too light. Apparently I'm used to two stages and/or the heavier mil-spec with a bit of grit/creep, as I was touching off rounds before I intended. I felt absolutely no grit/creep.

I installed the heavier trigger spring and I felt pressure enough against my finger that the trigger became immensely more usable.

If you don't want a two-stage, I'd give the MBT-1S a try - use the heavier trigger spring.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone here have insight on timney 3lb vs Geissele ssp? I have the timney but looking to switch out a stock trigger on another rifle for something similar. I’m sure I’d be perfectly happy with the timney but curious of a comparison of the 2 from someone that has used both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the input from everybody. I wouldn't use this with a lighter-than-normal trigger spring. I want reliable ignition no matter what. I may give one a try.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I appreciate the input from everybody. I wouldn't use this with a lighter-than-normal trigger spring. I want reliable ignition no matter what. I may give one a try.
    The hammer spring is what controls how hard the hammer hits the back of the firing pin.

Unless you are buying a reduced weight hammer spring such as this: https://www.taylor-tactical-supply.c...mer-spring.htm You shouldn't have a problem with light strikes with any reputable trigger.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast