Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Noveske Special Edition

Feedback Score

Noveske Special Edition

I have a chance to pick up a used Noveske for $2k. It’s a lot of money but it was made in 2010 prior to John’s passing. Has the Vltor Vis upper and 16 inch chf barrel. This edition came factory with a fde finish and a Geissele trigger. From what I gathered this rifle sold for 3k new in 2010. I have been debating between KAC, LMT and Noveske for a while but after seeing this gun I think I am sold. I already have a BCM and want to add one more to the stable. Any thoughts on the older Noveskes’ compared to what is available now?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Based on first hand experience, I’d absolutely take an older Noveske before a newer one. That being said, unless John was a friend, I don’t understand why you’d pay that with the options out now. A factory KAC is only a little bit more and has real upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Get the KAC. It has actual improvements and is actually worth the premium you pay.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    That is a lot of money for a what is likely an outstanding shooter. I’m with those who suggest “leveling up” and if going above a basic Colt or BCM, get the KAC. Or even better, a KAC upper with a LMT lower.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    KAC was the other one I was looking at. My thinking with the Noveske is that I am only giving up the ambi controls but I am getting a better barrel. Plus there are not going to be any more Noveske’s made when John was alive and this one was made in 2010. I take it guys that have shot both would take the KAC over the Noveske? I feel like the KAC bolt while better is proprietary so I think that cuts both ways. If I ever felt like I needed a stronger bolt I can put in an LMT enhanced bolt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceguy View Post
    KAC was the other one I was looking at. My thinking with the Noveske is that I am only giving up the ambi controls but I am getting a better barrel. Plus there are not going to be any more Noveske’s made when John was alive and this one was made in 2010. I take it guys that have shot both would take the KAC over the Noveske? I feel like the KAC bolt while better is proprietary so I think that cuts both ways. If I ever felt like I needed a stronger bolt I can put in an LMT enhanced bolt.
    I'll go against the grain here and say 1) if you can verify the gun is what it is advertised as and 2) having a Noveske from when John was alive is important to you, go for it. It may not be the "correct" decision in an objective sense, but you'll only get so many opportunities to get what you really want.
    Last edited by rockapede; 11-10-19 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I've had two factory Noveskes, my first one was from when John was alive. I have one of the lowers still, but a Mod 2 upper is on it so...
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a chance to pick up a used Noveske for $2k. It’s a lot of money but it was made in 2010 prior to John’s passing. Has the Vltor Vis upper and 16 inch chf barrel. This edition came factory with a fde finish and a Geissele trigger. From what I gathered this rifle sold for 3k new in 2010. I have been debating between KAC, LMT and Noveske for a while but after seeing this gun I think I am sold. I already have a BCM and want to add one more to the stable. Any thoughts on the older Noveskes’ compared to what is available now?
    What sort of shape it is in? What else does it come with?

It should look pretty much like the below....
    Noveske Limited Edition by Stickman, on Flickr
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    85 (99%)
    I have one the rifles from Noveske in FDE from a limited run. The barrels on these are 18". But maybe Noveske made another run I wasn't aware of. The rifle looks identical to the picture Stickman posted

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hickuleas View Post
    I have one the rifles from Noveske in FDE from a limited run. The barrels on these are 18". But maybe Noveske made another run I wasn't aware of. The rifle looks identical to the picture Stickman posted
    Not if its from Johns time, those really are fantastic looking setups, and they were selected to be the best of the best by John. That is one Noveske weapon I wish I had grabbed.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast