Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Noveske Special Edition

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    At $2k you are real close to a BNIB KAC SR-15 Mod2 M-lok. Unless the Noveske nostalgia is really valuable to you, then I'd go the KAC route. I don't think there is anything in terms of performance that the Noveske will have over the KAC (not sure I'd consider the Noveske barrel 'better'). The KAC has some nice design features; E3 bolt, intermediate gas system, and sealed gas block, plus some nice smaller features like an integrated steel QD sling mount in the URX.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've got an older with John Noveske NSR 14.5 with a pinned barrel and haven't seen or shot anything that's close to the level of performance. I was a beginner rifle shooter when I bought it having saved for a year. First time I zeroed it with irons prone at 100 yards was 2moa being the first time I've even shot a rifle prone or at 100 yards or with irons.

Years later I can get well under an inch all day long with same irons, the rifle still out shoots me by a little bit. Money was well spent. I'd grab an older Noveske over anything out there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Not if its from Johns time, those really are fantastic looking setups, and they were selected to be the best of the best by John. That is one Noveske weapon I wish I had grabbed.
    It looks identical to the pic you posted except it has the 16inch chf barrel not the stainless 18 inch. I found the same gun on gun broker using the search feature for completed listings and I was able to match the serials numbers to within a few guns of each other so I know it was made sometime in 2010. From the pictures it looks like it is in good shape.

Feedback Score
    It comes with the back up sights and rubber grips for the rails. Has a Geissele trigger as well and a soft case. Not sure if the sling is included or the optic mount. I will know by the end of the week when I get to actually put hands on it. Did Noveske not make a version with a 16” barrel?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I've got an older with John Noveske NSR 14.5 with a pinned barrel and haven't seen or shot anything that's close to the level of performance. I was a beginner rifle shooter when I bought it having saved for a year. First time I zeroed it with irons prone at 100 yards was 2moa being the first time I've even shot a rifle prone or at 100 yards or with irons.

Years later I can get well under an inch all day long with same irons, the rifle still out shoots me by a little bit. Money was well spent. I'd grab an older Noveske over anything out there.
    Have you shot a KAC mod 2? My first Noveske didn’t shoot poorly and I never did the work to quantify it, but my KAC uppers are stupid accurate and have a much better form factor/feel. The VIS was machined very well, but it was stupid heavy and left a lot of exposed barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a Noveske from the 2011 timeframe that is my best shooter, crown jewel of my AR collection. It will shoot ZQI M193 into 1-1/2” groups repeatably, that is fantastic IMO for that type of ammo out of a 14.5-inch chrome-lined barrel. The hype about Noveske barrels is real, at least on my sample size of one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Cleanest factory rifles I ever had were a Noveske infidel from 10 years ago and a KAC/Magpul SR15.

Both guns were perfect, damn shame what happened to John.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceguy View Post
    It looks identical to the pic you posted except it has the 16inch chf barrel not the stainless 18 inch. I found the same gun on gun broker using the search feature for completed listings and I was able to match the serials numbers to within a few guns of each other so I know it was made sometime in 2010. From the pictures it looks like it is in good shape.
    That is not an OEM weapon to the best of my knowledge. I would not pay a price that acted as if it were, especially as I would have concern regarding if the components were all Noveske. How sure are you that the barrel installed on it is actually Noveske, and what age it is?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    That is not an OEM weapon to the best of my knowledge. I would not pay a price that acted as if it were, especially as I would have concern regarding if the components were all Noveske. How sure are you that the barrel installed on it is actually Noveske, and what age it is?
    Just got off the phone with Noveske and the serial number matches what the current configuration. The 16 inch barrel light RECCE in FDE is correct. It was made in October of 2009. I am pretty confident it is OEM after talking to Noveske. After I see it and if it is clean would you buy it or do you think they are asking too much?

Feedback Score
    I am a newer shooter and I am sure that I am not as in tune to what used rifles are worth as much as many guys on this board. Here is my question is this rifle worth what they are asking? Based upon peoples advice both KAC and Noveske are great rifles so I am probably going to buy both, but is this Noveske worth the price they are asking? Based upon the fact that it is a special edition, color, etc I thought it was but I could be wrong. I have been reading up on Noveske and so there is probably some emotional aspect to why I want it.

When I was talking to the guy at Noveske I felt like he was trying to talk me out of buying it based upon the age of the rifle. He also told me that if there was something wrong with it I would have to send it someplace else to fix it because they dont do any "gunsmithing". All they will do is warranty work and this rifle is well outside if any warranty. That didnt really give me a warm fuzzy feeling that if I get it and I have issues I am SOL.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast