Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Noveske Special Edition

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    How many rounds through it?

I think the price is fair if its in good shape and is what they claim it is. Not many of them were made and even though the barrel is their CHF version it should still be wicked accurate. I would not really care what the guy at Noveske is saying, he is just doing CYA and would rather have you buy a new gun.

I think if you wanted a Recce in that config and you love old Noveske, it's pretty badass. I don't feel this is a vs KAC argument. This thing is a one off and a moment in time. If you love it for what it is and you have the coin grab it. I could see myself picking it up. That being said I am not a new shooter and have other guns I would shoot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceguy View Post
    I am a newer shooter and I am sure that I am not as in tune to what used rifles are worth as much as many guys on this board. Here is my question is this rifle worth what they are asking? Based upon peoples advice both KAC and Noveske are great rifles so I am probably going to buy both, but is this Noveske worth the price they are asking? Based upon the fact that it is a special edition, color, etc I thought it was but I could be wrong. I have been reading up on Noveske and so there is probably some emotional aspect to why I want it.

When I was talking to the guy at Noveske I felt like he was trying to talk me out of buying it based upon the age of the rifle. He also told me that if there was something wrong with it I would have to send it someplace else to fix it because they dont do any "gunsmithing". All they will do is warranty work and this rifle is well outside if any warranty. That didnt really give me a warm fuzzy feeling that if I get it and I have issues I am SOL.
    1. Who did you talk to at Noveske?

2. The special edition model is a project that I was involved with (to a limited degree). That weapon came with an 18" SS barrel which came from PACNOR and was finished with a special chamber designed by John Noveske. PACNOR has burned to the ground, and that barrel will never be built again (for a few different reasons).

3. For a Noveske employee, who most likely has an exceedingly low knowledge base on the AR15 platform, John Noveske, and the company, to be putting any form of negative slant on it is beyond laughable.

4. Fixing AR15s is typically something more along the lines of dropping in new parts, and is not overly difficult for plenty of places. There would be no need at all to have the weapon go back to Noveske, it could always be sent to someone like Rainier Arms who sells Noveske products. The owner of RA is a personal friend, there are lots of places that could do it, his company is just one of many and someone I happen to trust.

Lastly, if you are looking up Noveske info, check out the article I wrote for RECOIL magazine about John.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I talked to somebody in customer service, Tim maybe, I dont remember I wouldnt say he was negative but he just said that I should really check the gun out because of the age. I will definitely check out your article. Here is a link to it on Cabelas website:

https://www.cabelas.com/product/nove...D0&Ntt=noveske

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There ain't no way a 2010 Noveske has a better barrel than a 2019 KAC. Period. Granted, Noveske had actual R&D back then, and put out some damn good rifles, but time stopped for them somewhere after the time when John passed away. You don't have to be a close personal friend of his to recognize that. No disrespect to the memory of John Noveske; he was known for his tight ship, and many of his crew went their separate ways after his passing. KAC OTOH is an R&D dynamo. They aren't the prettiest, or even known for their looks; people buy them because they can get a gun that has cred, same as Colt, but the KAC is far more advanced.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    If that’s the rifle you are considering, it does specifically mention an 18” barrel, which lines up a bit more with what Stick is saying.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The only AR I regret selling was a Factory 12.5" GPR from the John era. I even had a 10.5" Switchblock that I parted with, but still want the 12.5 back.

That said, today I would not buy that 18" as its not really what I want. The VIS is too heavy based on what is out there today. The KAC with the proprietary bolt and the sweet gas block would get my vote. Make it an 11.5" though.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Noveske Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    How many rounds through it?

I think the price is fair if its in good shape and is what they claim it is. Not many of them were made and even though the barrel is their CHF version it should still be wicked accurate. I would not really care what the guy at Noveske is saying, he is just doing CYA and would rather have you buy a new gun.

I think if you wanted a Recce in that config and you love old Noveske, it's pretty badass. I don't feel this is a vs KAC argument. This thing is a one off and a moment in time. If you love it for what it is and you have the coin grab it. I could see myself picking it up. That being said I am not a new shooter and have other guns I would shoot.
    I see it as one, only because of the price. IMO, that Noveske is more of a collector’s piece than a shooter. It most likely can shoot quite well, but anything decent with an extended MLOK handguard would be used far more often by me.

Even with the new info, I’d still vote KAC. But, that would be a cool rifle to own just to have. I just try to avoid that stuff, at least until all of my other bases are covered.

I think the price is fair for what it is, assuming it has a relatively low round count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    If LMT and KAC are in the budget, go with LMT or KAC.

I say that having owned factory Noveske rifles from when John was alive. I’ve owned rifles with both stainless and CHF barrels. They shot well enough but they were nothing special to me. Both LMT and KAC CL barrels are as accurate as the Noveske cl barrels. LMT’s cut rifled ss and the KAC Kreigers shoot as well or better than the Noveske ss barrels. Lmt and KAC have advanced and continue to advance the AR platform. Noveske is a has been company living off the founders name. Buying it just because it was built when John was alive is like wanting an iPhone 4 because it was made while Steve Jobs was alive.Just my 2 cents.

It’s America though, buy what you want just because you want it.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 11-11-19 at 20:21.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I have a Noveske from before Johns Passing. It was one of the last 14.5 Carbines to leave the facility.

It is the one AR I will never sell, no matter what.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Have you shot a KAC mod 2? My first Noveske didn’t shoot poorly and I never did the work to quantify it, but my KAC uppers are stupid accurate and have a much better form factor/feel. The VIS was machined very well, but it was stupid heavy and left a lot of exposed barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've read a lot about them, all great things as they seem to be a standard on their own. Strangely enough I've never seen anyone with one ever, so never shot one. With more free time I'd start taking classes again, rifle, pistol and shotgun but alas family and kids have me locked up. .22's take up most of my shooting time, although maybe I can convince the wife she needs a KAC Mod 2?

Funny thing is I'm backed up on projects to shoot already. Built a 6.5 Grendel I need to get to the silhouette range (want to compete), bought a Galil Ace .308 I can bring as well.....

Honestly if I came across a couple grand, I'd probably buy a super automatic espresso machine.......I know I'd use it.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 11-11-19 at 21:32.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast