Thread: Looking for new shooting/dring gloves

Feedback Score

Looking for new shooting/dring gloves

I have been using the oakley lightweight gloves or one of the light mechanix gloves. I am looking for something else as the oakleys seem to lack grip and the mechanix seem to start to slough pretty quickly.
    Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    PIG gloves are my favorite. I like the Deltas the best, they’re a bit more snug than the originals and I like that they don’t have the velcro closure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Outdoor Research, like their "ironsight" gloves, if they fit you. I have very large hands, and they did not fit me. But I have heard excellent reviews of durability in past.
    Fit should be a bit tighter than Mechanix and some of them have rubberized texture on the palms for grip.

https://www.skdtac.com/Outdoor-Resea...-p/orx.111.htm
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    PIG gloves are my favorite. I like the Deltas the best, they’re a bit more snug than the originals and I like that they don’t have the velcro closure.
    I'll second this, I love my SKD PIG gloves. Admittedly, I go through a pair or two a year because they are my patrol gloves. Still running the Alphas for the padded knuckle.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I'll second this, I love my SKD PIG gloves. Admittedly, I go through a pair or two a year because they are my patrol gloves. Still running the Alphas for the padded knuckle.
    I got their new insulated version in last night, seem awesome.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I got to go with SKD PIGS too. They make great golf gloves.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I’m thinking about getting a pair. How grippy are they? Do you think they offer the dexterity they are advertising? I don’t like thick gloves but am looking for a warmer option.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I got their new insulated version in last night, seem awesome.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Baseball batting gloves can be had cheap and work nicely. Home Depot makes a "Firm Grip" glove that like too. These are cheap gloves that you will wear out in due time, but replacing is cheap and if you don't like them, your out <$20 and can use for other purposes. I don't like a heavy gloves for handguns, for AR's I can wear Mechanix or other nicer gloves.

These are not warm options.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I will look into a pair of baseball gloves and pickup a set of the Outdoor research ones if none of the baseball ones work.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    I’m thinking about getting a pair. How grippy are they? Do you think they offer the dexterity they are advertising? I don’t like thick gloves but am looking for a warmer option.

Thank you.

I think the dexterity is solid and they’re definitely more grippy than all of my other Pig gloves (haven’t ordered a new pair in probably about two years though so I don’t know if they updated the design there). I have a few other gloves to compare them to but I’m not trying to go out in the cold unless I have to do it may be a while before I know which I like best. They seem great so far though.

Sic semper tyrannis.