View Poll Results: What's more important?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Professional Training

13 44.83%
  • Maximizing Practice

10 34.48%
  • Upgrading one gun to suit the role, ie red dot

7 24.14%
  • Spare Guns, run the irons.

5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weighing Equipment vs Ammo vs Training

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Absolutley. I'm not saying training isn't a worthwhile deal. I mean... I've taken like 10 classes in both pistol, rifle, and even one bird gun class. Just for me... at some point with age and wisdom, you realize that you're not going to be required to jump in a stack and raid a building.

Keeping proficient on my own makes more sense.
    Not only that, but many of them are such a financial burden that its just not always worth it. Several of the bigger name dudes cost $450 and up for two days. That's damn near 1,500 rounds in ammo cost, or 90% of the cost of an H-2. Then, a lot of times you have to add in at least gas, if not a hotel. I've yet to really regret taking a class, but at the same time, there's been at least one that I didn't feel like was worth the overall cost. When looking at maybe 16 hours of training that may have some benefit or an optic that'll literally benefit you every time you shoot for many years, sometimes training just seems over rated IMO.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep. We had it good here in AZ. You could take Patrol Rifle class through the Community College's L.E. program and get 2 day classes for like $100. That's the only reason I took as many classes as I did.

There was a time on this forum where it was a pissing contest to see who was taking the biggest name classes, etc.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Damn, that is a good deal on some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yep. We had it good here in AZ. You could take Patrol Rifle class through the Community College's L.E. program and get 2 day classes for like $100. That's the only reason I took as many classes as I did.

There was a time on this forum where it was a pissing contest to see who was taking the biggest name classes, etc.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    There is an Adamax training center in the very town I live in.

A lot of very big names travel through, but they also offer less expensive "local" classes.

This is where I took the Vickers class, so my only cost was the class. No hotel, food, travel, etc.

Bad thing I, the owner was looking to sell. The upkeep was too much for him in his later years.

Idk if somebody would take over or if this facility would shut down for good.

It's nice having such a place 5 minutes away.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234