Thread: Nightmare in Anguilla; Conclusion

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Nightmare in Anguilla; Conclusion

Scott Hapgood was scheduled for preliminary hearing today.
    Has (wisely) chosen not to go.

Link provided.
    https://patch.com/connecticut/darien...laughter-trial

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Doesn’t really seem like a conclusion. He’s a fugitive from justice in a UK territory. I wonder if Anguilla through the UK can for extradition for trial.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    If Anguilla is smart, they’d raise a stink and let it drop quietly. Not good for business if people are thinking that coked up crazies are going to rape your family, and if you defend yourself, you’ll end up in prison. Great for tourism.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Many vacation areas seem to be reverting to lawlessness and anti-tourist status. Apparently Aruba was not an exception but a harbinger.

Given the unfolding of corruption in their legal system Hapgood would be crazy to return for a fourth hearing. I hope Trump does get involved as he suggested he might and send a loud signal we will not extradite to savage lands.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^ Agree and agree.

It’s a travesty he has this hanging and undone.
    I know his desire is to bring the truth to light and clear his name.

Not certain he’ll keep his job- with his “flight” no doubt affecting his ability to travel abroad.

Better than rotting in a shithole prison for a crime he didn’t commit I suppose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    Many vacation areas seem to be reverting to lawlessness and anti-tourist status. Apparently Aruba was not an exception but a harbinger.

Given the unfolding of corruption in their legal system Hapgood would be crazy to return for a fourth hearing. I hope Trump does get involved as he suggested he might and send a loud signal we will not extradite to savage lands.
    Shut off direct flights in from Puerto Rico... for safety reasons.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    We lived on Sint Maarten and Saba. Saba, being so small, had little crime; which was an exception. Sint Maarten crime was outrageous. Numbers were suppressed as confirmed by people we knew in the .gov and by several LEO's we knew. One was upper echelon.
    Traveled to Anguila several times. F that place. After last time, said never again. St. Lucia was also crime ridden as was Martinique. Same with Guadeloupe, Dominica, and Curacao. Went to each of the listed islands with friends from there.

All keep numbers obscured so those tourist $$$ dollars flow. The American Virgin Islands are eaten up with crime. IIRC, the murder rates are some of the highest in the world.

St. Barts was much, much better and is the only place we are considering going back to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    We lived on Sint Maarten and Saba. Saba, being so small, had little crime; which was an exception. Sint Maarten crime was outrageous. Numbers were suppressed as confirmed by people we knew in the .gov and by several LEO's we knew. One was upper echelon.
    Traveled to Anguila several times. F that place. After last time, said never again. St. Lucia was also crime ridden as was Martinique. Same with Guadeloupe, Dominica, and Curacao. Went to each of the listed islands with friends from there.

All keep numbers obscured so those tourist $$$ dollars flow. The American Virgin Islands are eaten up with crime. IIRC, the murder rates are some of the highest in the world.

St. Barts was much, much better and is the only place we are considering going back to.
    Why do you feel that way about Anguilla? We have been there many times in the last 10 years. It’s one of our favorite island destinations.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Too bad about Anguilla. I just hope it doesn’t turn into another Grenada scenario with the US having to invade to save liquid “assets”.

Feedback Score
    Too bad about Anguilla. I just hope it doesn’t turn into another Grenada scenario with the US having to invade to save liquid “assets”.