Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G43X vs Sig 365 vs Hellcat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

G43X vs Sig 365 vs Hellcat

This is just a quick review, first impression, since I was only able to do one box of ammo each for the Sig and the Hellcat. The range allows only their ammo in their rentals and I wasn't about to pay their prices for more than one box of ammo.

This was done on two separate occasions.

Bought the 43X a month ago and now have around 800-1000 rounds. I'm still having trouble with accuracy. I can keep all shots on a 6 inch target from 7-25 yards but it all looks like shotgun pattern. Eventually groups get tighter but I seem to need a box or two to warm up for whatever reason. So it's definitely me and not the gun. At closer distance I can get the groups to shrink but past 15 yards it's just shotgun pattern. The best I can say is they all stay within the 6 inch circle so im technically on target.

For this reason I chose to rent the Sig 365 and later the Hellcat. Wanted to compare my abilities. Maybe it's not worth the hassle and waste of ammo.

So, aside from my accuracy problem the Glock is a Glock. First range day, no cleaning no oiling, 450 rounds without issues. As of today between 800-1000 rounds of various fmj including Russian steel from 115-124. Very soft shooting gun. Feels almost like shooting a full size. Definitely the best out of the 3.

Sig came with the extended 12 round mag. With that mag it's still shorter than the 43X by baseplate. Mags load and seat easily and eject with authority. The grip is narrower and feels awkward to hold. The ammo given to me was Federal white box 115gr range ammo. Slightly more felt recoil than the 43X. Jumps around in hand a little bit. Had to readjust my grip once or twice. Trigger was smooth and felt light. Don't know what the weight was but IMO best trigger of the three. Sights we're traditional 3 dot Accuracy was phenomenal, definitely best of the three.

Hellcat feels solid and we'll built. Came with a 13 round mag which made the grip practically the same length as the 43X. The grip itself is very similar to the 43X. Almost like the Glock with a less pronounced hump. Overall it was closer to the 43X in size. The sights we're good, bright and fast to pick up. The rear U notch sight made it fast and easy to align the front. I remember someone saying it's like putting the ball in a basket and that's kinda how it's like. The last three rounds are a bitch to load into the mag. With the slide closed the mag needs to be seated with some authority otherwise it doesn't lock in. Empty mag ejects with authority as well.
    The trigger is.....well..... different. At first when you hit the wall it almost feels like that was the end of travel and the trigger is dead. It's not hard to overcome that but initially it does feel like that was it. Recoil was atrocious. Very sharp and snappy and reminded me of shooting a 40sw. It was just bad especially compared to the 43X. I don't know what Springfield was raving about with their grip texture. I had to readjust my grip once per mag. If that grip texture is working then I'd hate to see the recoil without it. Accuracy was not bad and with the Hellcat and the 365 I didn't have the accuracy problems I did with the 43X. Ammo used was Federal white box 115 fmj.

All 3 guns are very close in size. To me Glock has the best felt recoil and grip while having the worst accuracy. Sig has the best accuracy, ok recoil and worst grip. Meanwhile the Hellcat has absolutely worst recoil, accuracy closer to the Sig than the Glock and a grip shape similar to the Glock as well as having the best mag capacity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Accuracy.
    GLOCK 43X @ 10 yards

After warm up

@ 15 yards

HELLCAT @ 10 yards

SIG 365
    10 yards

15 yards

20 yards

Just goes to show you that grip feel doesn't mean shit. Sig 365 is the most awkward feeling gun out of the 3 and just awkward feeling for me in general
    Last edited by Arik; 11-12-19 at 08:49.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Perhaps because the Sig felt awkward you were paying more attention to the basics of “sight picture, trigger control”.

Your 20 yd. Sig target is pretty good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Perhaps because the Sig felt awkward you were paying more attention to the basics of “sight picture, trigger control”.

Your 20 yd. Sig target is pretty good.
    Maybe but doesn't happen with my G19, or any other handgun I own. And it can't be ALL the time (so far)

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/TEeyuNUZ1Hk

I think that if the Shield Arms15rd mags prove to be reliable and durable, and I think they will be, they will truly be a game changer and instantly make the Glock 43X the top **belt holstered** carry pistol on the market today. The shorter grip frame 365, G43 and Hellcatpistols will edge out the 43X in concealability, *but just barely*, when carried in a *good* AIWB holster that tucks the grip of the pistol tight against your body, so not enough to make a difference to *most* people that have a midsection in reasonable good shape. Out of the box, the trigger is better (mainly just lighter) on both the 365 and Hellcat, than on the slimline Glock pistols.

IMHO, while I believe the 365 andHellcat pistols can be carried in *some* people’s pants pockets, they are not *what I would call* true pocket pistols, and are really too large to carry in *most* people's pants pockets, let alone safely carrying a pre-cocked striker-fired pistol that way,unless you use the manual thumb safety version. Also, for me, *under dress* it is harder to get a fast fumble free draw consistently with any of the short grip frame pistols. The inherent accuracy of all three pistols is pretty much a toss up, butbecause of the better (lighter) out of the box trigger, the 365's practical (hand held) accuracy edges out the 43x. The longer grip fame on the 43x makes it much easier to get a good fast four fingered grip for a fast draw from concealment. The longer grip and easier to use magazine release of the 43x also makes mag changes, if needed, much easier and faster, with much less chance to fumble on one under stress.

The full four fingered grip of the 43x also makes the pistol easier to control when shooting fast. There is also more room on the 43x frame to put yoursupport hand thumb, where on the 365 and 365XL there is very little room, and it’s hard to keep your thumb in place on the frame when shooting them. The 365 and 365XL have picatinny rails and the 365XL has the RDS/MOS type cut, where the 43X doesn't have these features *yet*, but they probably will in six months. I had a 365 for a short time, and out of the box the grip was really to small *for me*without using a Hogue Handall grip sleeve, but in the short time I had it, it was reliable and had decent accuracy with the ammo I shot through it. But now it's gone and a new black 43X with Ameriglo nights sights has taken it's place, and when carried in a *good*AIWB, I much prefer it over the shorter grip pistols.

I also like the much brighter and easier to pick up Ameriglo Bold night sights compared to the Sig X-ray nights sights.I did add a Vicker's (new,version 2) flat trigger and extended slide release/lock,a Glock OEM NP3 coated minus connector, a Wolff 4.5 striker spring and a light polish job, and now the trigger is just how *I* like it for a carry pistol. The pistol’s practical hand held accuracy is also now improved and very good with the ammo I have shot through it. I also installed a Tau Development SCD for an added measure of safety when reholstering the pistol.
    Last edited by Biggy; 11-13-19 at 19:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    https://youtu.be/TEeyuNUZ1Hk

I think that if the Shield Arms15rd mags prove to be reliable and durable, and I think they will be, they will truly be a game changer and instantly make the Glock 43X the top **belt holstered** carry pistol on the market today. The shorter grip frame 365, G43 and Hellcatpistols will edge out the 43X in concealability, *but just barely*, when carried in a *good* AIWB holster that tucks the grip of the pistol tight against your body, so not enough to make a difference to *most* people that have a midsection in reasonable good shape. Out of the box, the trigger is better (mainly just lighter) on both the 365 and Hellcat, than on the slimline Glock pistols. IMHO, while I believe the 365 andHellcat pistols can be carried in *some* people’s pants pockets, they are not *what I would call* true pocket pistols, and are really too large to carry in *most* people's pants pockets, let alone safely carrying a pre-cocked striker-fired pistol that way,unless you use the manual thumb safety version. Also, for me, *under dress* it is harder to get a fast fumble free draw consistently with any of the short grip frame pistols. The inherent accuracy of all three pistols is pretty much a toss up, butbecause of the better (lighter) out of the box trigger, the 365's practical (hand held) accuracy edges out the 43x. The longer grip fame on the 43x makes it much easier to get a good fast four fingered grip for a fast draw from concealment. The longer grip and easier to use magazine release of the 43x also makes mag changes, if needed, much easier and faster, with much less chance to fumble on one under stress. The full four fingered grip of the 43x also makes the pistol easier to control when shooting fast. There is also more room on the 43x frame to put yoursupport hand thumb, where on the 365 and 365XL there is very little room, and it’s hard to keep your thumb in place on the frame when shooting them. The 365 and 365XL have picatinny rails and the 365XL has the RDS/MOS type cut, where the 43X doesn't have these features *yet*, but they probably will in six months. I had a 365 for a short time, and out of the box the grip was really to small *for me*without using a Hogue Handall grip sleeve, but in the short time I had it, it was reliable and had decent accuracy with the ammo I shot through it. But now it's gone and a new black 43X with Ameriglo nights sights has taken it's place, and when carried in a *good*AIWB, I much prefer it over the shorter grip pistols. I also like the much brighter and easier to pick up Ameriglo Bold night sights compared to the Sig X-ray nights sights.I did add a Vicker's (new,version 2) flat trigger and extended slide release/lock,a Glock OEM NP3 coated minus connector, a Wolff 4.5 striker spring and a light polish job, and now the trigger is just how *I* like it for a carry pistol. The pistol’s practical hand held accuracy is also now improved and very good with the ammo I have shot through it. I also installed a Tau Development SCD for an added measure of safety when reholstering the pistol.
    I definitely found the accuracy to be more than just a toss up and my Glock trigger is pretty light, at least to me. And more so it's the only gun I shoot so I'm pretty well accustomed to their triggers.

Grips will kinda depend on what mag you're using with the Sig and SA. I easily get a full grip using the extended mags on either one.

Glock is actually the only one I had issues with my thumb. The others were fine but on the 43X I kept riding the slide and causing an occasional out of battery.

Agreed. The grip on the 365 is way small but I don't have the accuracy issues, which is ultimately what matters.

It's just that how much ammo and time does one spend before moving on.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Arik,
    Put a lot of finger into the trigger. So much that you think it's too much.
    When I shoot my 43 and 43x, my trigger finger actually touches my support hand.
    I also use the AmeriGlo Talo sights.
    I test fired my G43 when I first got it. It still had the Glock sights on it. I shot it so bad that I was actually going to sell it. I put the Talo sights on and it was a whole different gun.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Arik,
    Put a lot of finger into the trigger. So much that you think it's too much.
    You weren't kidding. I had to put the safety dingus into the crease of the knuckle to shoot straight

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Arik - thx for starting this thread. Reading with interest. I've found it interesting many of the ranges that rent pistols don't have a Hellcat in their stable yet. I plan to spend some time comparing the same pistols when I can find a nearby range with all three.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wear baggy bdu type pants. P365 with 10 round mag fits properly in the pocket. 15 round magazine in the other pocket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast