Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single Stage Trigger Comparison

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I have several MBT-2S's and one MBT-1S.

In terms of other single stages I've used ALG ACT, PSA EPT, and run of the mill mil-spec.

When I first shot the MBT-1S, I didn't like it, it was, for lack of better terms, too smooth and too light. Apparently I'm used to two stages and/or the heavier mil-spec with a bit of grit/creep, as I was touching off rounds before I intended. I felt absolutely no grit/creep.

I installed the heavier trigger spring and I felt pressure enough against my finger that the trigger became immensely more usable.

If you don't want a two-stage, I'd give the MBT-1S a try - use the heavier trigger spring.
    That's kind of where I'm at. I am so used to "taking up the slack" on my Geissele's (or attempting to on USGI ones) that I'm wondering if the concept of a single action wouldn't require a near-complete relearning of trigger manipulation.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    I would not let one less than positive comment about the MBT-1S sway your decision. They are many guys that like and prefer the MBT-2S over any Geissele, but there are those who do not like the MBT-2S for one reason or another. For the money, it would be worth trying the MBT-1S and if you did not like it, you could sell it and get your money back.
    My statement isnt about preference, but rather, it was a shitty trigger. Loads of gritty creep and longer travel as compared to my no name milspec lpks. When you pull it, your finger hits wall after wall of creepy grit, so as to make it like a "rolling 2-3 stage".

This is in a DD lower that other lpks have done fine in.

I even made a video of the ornery thing. I'd estimate trigger pull weight at the upper end of milspec (6-7# using the light spring), but do not possess a gauge.

All of the mbt2s triggers I've had and felt were nothing short of awesome, so I'm not brandhating.
    Last edited by WS6; 11-16-19 at 03:31.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12