Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint price increase?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Aimpoint price increase?

The last optic I bought was an Aimpoint Micro T-2. I paid around $650. This was around summer 2016. I'm looking to buy another one now and the average prices are around $775. Before I dig through my email for the invoice, am I losing my mind or have they really gone up in price that much?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    The last optic I bought was an Aimpoint Micro T-2. I paid around $650. This was around summer 2016. I'm looking to buy another one now and the average prices are around $775. Before I dig through my email for the invoice, am I losing my mind or have they really gone up in price that much?
    Price seems to vary, but T-2s have always been north of $700 street price, unless you find a deal or have LEO discounts.

I'd wait for Black Friday to see what deals occur. I found an H-2 with mount for <$550 last Xmas, so deals are out there.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Seems they do a price increase every year.

I LOVE ME SOME AIMPOINT but at their current prices for the H2, T2, and M5 I think they are pricing themselves out of the market. I think it's easy to make a case that you should spend a couple hundred more for an aimpoint over a clone but the clones have gotten so good and aimpoint keep raising its prices. At $400 over a solid clone unless its for a duty gun or your main defence gun I dont think its worth the coin anymore. Not to mention the MRO which can often be had for under $400.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    When I bought my Aimpoint T1 (most current at the time) and my 1.5x ACOG the ACOG was solidly 50% more.

Today they are similar in price.

The price of a top of the line Eotech is much lower than the aimpoint.

The Trijicon MRO is much less than an aimpoint.

Certainly makes picking up another aimpoint comparatively cost prohibitive. Their entry level optics like the patrol are not even cheap.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    A T2 vs an ACOG is a no-brainer.

Aimpoint is smoking some serious crack.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post

I LOVE ME SOME AIMPOINT but at their current prices for the H2, T2, and M5 I think they are pricing themselves out of the market. I think it's easy to make a case that you should spend a couple hundred more for an aimpoint over a clone but the clones have gotten so good and aimpoint keep raising its prices. At $400 over a solid clone unless its for a duty gun or your main defence gun I dont think its worth the coin anymore.
    This is it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is it.
    This is it, but..... Keep an eye out for the Black Friday sales. I bought a T2 a few months ago with a standard (low) mount for $535 at Manventure Outpost and at the time I want to say AR-15 Safe Space had the same deal going. It wouldn't surprise me to see something similar come up, or a package deal with a mount for under $650ish.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post

I LOVE ME SOME AIMPOINT but at their current prices for the H2, T2, and M5 I think they are pricing themselves out of the market. I think it's easy to make a case that you should spend a couple hundred more for an aimpoint over a clone but the clones have gotten so good and aimpoint keep raising its prices. At $400 over a solid clone unless its for a duty gun or your main defence gun I dont think its worth the coin anymore. Not to mention the MRO which can often be had for under $400.
    I have several Aimpoints but they have gotten crazy with their prices. They may keep their prices inflated to survive military contracts which keeps them afloat. Govt prices is based off MSRP often times, so thats where they discount from.

But for most civilians, its hard to beat the Vortex-Holosun-Sig Romeo's for your second and third and 4th ....guns. Your throwing money away.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’ve got one T-2 and only really have plans for one more, or maybe an H-2, but those are down the line so I hadn’t really been paying attention until this thread. I already thought they were overpriced. Maybe I will just keep it at the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a T-1 and just recently picked up 2 Romeo 5s due to the reviews and the huge discount. I will not be getting rid of my T1 but I will not likely be getting another Aimpoint unless the Romeos fail me.

I will be running the Romeos on a 10.5” 5.56 and an 8.5” .300BLK. Will see how they fair.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 11-13-19 at 18:55.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast