Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint price increase?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I know it's an Aimpoint thread, but speaking about Romeo5's as a budget alternative, pretty sweet sale here. $89.99 with basic mount. https://lockedloaded.com/product/sig...cr2032-lithium

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I've bought one new Aimpoint ever, an M5 that broke after a year. I've bought 10 H1/T1/T2 Aimpoints used. Never again will I, or can I, spend the $$$ that Aimpoint wants for it's new sights. Shame really, but free market and all.

Feedback Score
    MRO. Buy American.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Taxes are pretty high in Sweden, who else is going to pay for all the refugees that they allowed in the country?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/...ound-the-world

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    This is it, but..... Keep an eye out for the Black Friday sales. I bought a T2 a few months ago with a standard (low) mount for $535 at Manventure Outpost and at the time I want to say AR-15 Safe Space had the same deal going. It wouldn't surprise me to see something similar come up, or a package deal with a mount for under $650ish.
    I don't want to put the hurt on any big online retailer, but if you find these good prices from the sketchy sellers some of the normal big online sellers will price match.

That's what I did with the T2 and AR15 safe space price $539 price.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I agree Aimpoint Prices are high and with 4 of them now, I don't see myself buying any more. I considered moving my M4S and getting a CompM5 for the smaller size, but just can't justify it.

For beater training guns the Romeo 5 is legit option - I have had one for a year and no problems - for $100 its a heck of a optic (not one I'd put on a duty AR, but it works great on training / fun guns - buy via Brownells for a "Forever Warranty").
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 11-14-19 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Taxes are pretty high in Sweden, who else is going to pay for all the refugees that they allowed in the country?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/...ound-the-world
    I never have figured out how Mora knives have such a low cost.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I never have figured out how Mora knives have such a low cost.
    Well they make a huge amount every day. Most of the blades are stamped from a sheet of steel. It’s remarkable that they mass produce so many quality products for so little cost.
    .25 Lorcin w/ comp and red dot AIWB and a 9mm Calico folder as primary

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I don't want to put the hurt on any big online retailer, but if you find these good prices from the sketchy sellers some of the normal big online sellers will price match.

That's what I did with the T2 and AR15 safe space price $539 price.
    How is AR15 Safe Space a sketchy seller? I purchase from them frequently and have provided nothing but great prices, service and support. I have also wheeled and sealed with them on some Scalarworks mounts. Their company story is also pretty awesome, when you consider their company name and that they are located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

And for what it is worth, we, the DoD, do not use MSRP as a baseline price for most of our procurements. If my KO authorized us to purchase at MSRP, he would be fired, especially with the amount of money that my team alone has spent in the last five, let alone 10 years. Aimpoint, is a business, and the costs for raw goods goes up every year, thus the annual price increases. This is the same for every market segment that manufactures products and is the cost of capitalism and consumer spending.
    Last edited by drtywk; 11-16-19 at 11:54.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    How is AR15 Safe Space a sketchy seller? I purchase from them frequently and have provided nothing but great prices, service and support. I have also wheeled and sealed with them on some Scalarworks mounts. Their company story is also pretty awesome, when you consider their company name and that they are located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I reached out to them to verify stock and shipping times on the T2 and they never responded. The deal looked too good to be true so the lack of comms was a red flag. No big deal though, the other guys price matched.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast