Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT MWS 308 with Clints BRT new gas tubes

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

LMT MWS 308 with Clints BRT new gas tubes

Clints long awaited new gas tubes for your MWS are very close to market introduction. He sent me one for my 308 middy 16 inch barrel. This week we are going to run both lowers I own without the new tube and make videos and give impressions. Next week, we will instal the new tube and do the same. One has a rifle buffer tube in it and the other has the regular length buffer tube. Both have heavy buffers in an attempt to tame the beast.

He offered me one for use in a rifle that will be run 100% suppressed. Because thats what I do! But I understand he will make some that will run unsuppressed and make suppressed better. A more balanced approach for those who enjoy both approaches.

Videos and pics to follow. Stay tuned if you have interest.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was going to go this route before I knew how my 16” cut down to 13.5” would do suppressed. Very interested to hear how it works for you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was going to go this route before I knew how my 16” cut down to 13.5” would do suppressed. Very interested to hear how it works for you.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Assuming 308 midlength, that should be a really nice configuration for dedicated suppressed, but the port size will likely be too big.
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We are going to work with Clint to get the ideal sizes ironed out. If it takes a couple of iterations, so be it. Little more gas is better than a little less. We are going to test, ejection patterns, accuracy, and fps on 3 different loads and two lowers. I made a spreadsheet today to document all the above. Even though much of this is subjective, good data should erupt.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    A big thanks to Pappabear and Clint (and anyone else involved with this) for doing the testing to find some ideal gas tubes for our rifles! I chopped a 20" to 16" for the gas system but mine still chokes regularly when I shoot FGMM suppressed. Unsuppressed is perfect and I can shoot surplus ammo fine with a can. I should specify that I have a SilencerCo Specwar762. I am sure a Surefire or KAC can would work much better for me.

I just picked up the XH buffer to see how much that helps but a gas tube would be much cheaper and just as easy to swap out. Looking forward to your results.
    Last edited by bnanaphone; 11-15-19 at 09:04. Reason: added information

Feedback Score
    The gas system was my only complaint about the MWS back when I owned one. The BRT gas tubes just made the MWS an even more attractive AR10 platform.

I wonder if it's possible to make restrictive gas tubes for SR-25's?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The 16" rifle gas should actually be a better configuration than mid gas, especially with a small dedicated suppressed port.

Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    A big thanks to Pappabear and Clint (and anyone else involved with this) for doing the testing to find some ideal gas tubes for our rifles! I chopped a 20" to 16" for the gas system but mine still chokes regularly when I shoot FGMM suppressed. Unsuppressed is perfect and I can shoot surplus ammo fine with a can. I should specify that I have a SilencerCo Specwar762. I am sure a Surefire or KAC can would work much better for me.

I just picked up the XH buffer to see how much that helps but a gas tube would be much cheaper and just as easy to swap out. Looking forward to your results.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The 16" rifle gas should actually be a better configuration than mid gas, especially with a small dedicated suppressed port.
    That is what I am thinking as well. I will see how well my rifle handles the XH buffer and suppressor this weekend with hunting ammo and FGMM. I am hoping for positive results but still eager to get a gas tube for a better fix.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We ran baseline test on on three different ammo lots. Will finish up next weekend with video and the results on the new tube.

PB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast