Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMT MWS 308 with Clints BRT new gas tubes

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    We ran baseline test on on three different ammo lots. Will finish up next weekend with video and the results on the new tube.

PB
    What barrels/calibers did you test? Factory 16" .308, 20" rifle-length gas 6.5 or something else? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    308, 16 inch CL with both Heavy Rifle buffers and Carbine XL buffers. Noty much difference, so I will not bother with new tube in all likelihood. My Carbine had higher FPS but I think that was more the day warmed up.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Did you try the reduced gas tube with the factory H3 buffer? Wondering if that would make a noticeable difference on its own?

Do you have the factory 16” barrel or a chopped barrel for the longer gas system? Just trying to get the details straight.

Feedback Score
    Tagged for interest.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    Did you try the reduced gas tube with the factory H3 buffer? Wondering if that would make a noticeable difference on its own?

Do you have the factory 16” barrel or a chopped barrel for the longer gas system? Just trying to get the details straight.
    Factory 16 inch CL barrel.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well, Clint knocked the cover off the ball. I ran XM80, MEN147 and FGGM and it all ejected hot and at 2:00 bouncing off the deflector with original tube. Mark installed the new tube at the hide and said it was a very easy instal, we did it at the hide.

I was running the rifle System with Extra Heavy buffer. With new RGP tube, it lobbed the brass to 3:00 with both XM80 and MEN perfectly. Didn't bother FGGM as they all ran the same. We pulled the can off (Sig 7.62 QD) and it ran several rounds then FTF. IMHO, it is perfect for running a can. Still uber reliable and not so soft that its picky with ammo. Plenty of umph with a can. I don't want a gun that runs so soft that if it's not lubbed perfectly and it won't run. Or not cleaned after 300 rounds so it doesn't run. Eff that, thats what we love about LMT, it runs and runs and runs.

Next week, I will try it with my carbine system and try to find the original buffer to test. Bottom line, Clint is onto something here guys.

PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The gas tube was really easy to install with the correct punches. LMT was gracious enough to leave a hole in the front of the gas block the you can use to punch out the old tube.

The brass ejects smoother and more towards the 4 o'clock position. The gun felt smoother in prone too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Just a couple recent updates from customers:

Quote Originally Posted by ST View Post
    I did change out the gas tube and test the custom one that you manufactured. I would say that you are correctly calculating gas port size.

With home loads that clone M80 ball and M118 loadings, the rifle cycled and ejected fine with the suppressor attached, and would lock the bolt open on a empty mag. With the suppressor removed, it would eject the spent case, but not lock the bolt open on an empty magazine.

Much less perceived recoil than with the XH buffer that I had been using previously. A great product.

Thanks.
    ST
    BRT EZTUNE Gas Tube - LMT Rifle Length
    SKU GT-EZL-RIFLE Weight 0.10 lbs
    Gas Port Size: BRT Recommended Size
    BBL Length: 20"
    Diet: 308 WIN / 7.62 NATO
    Buffer: CAR H3
    Spring: Mil-Spec RIF / A5
    Bolt Carrier Group: Factory LMT
    Suppressor Use: 50/50 Mixed Use
    Suppressor Make/Model: Gemteck Quicksand

Quote Originally Posted by SK View Post
    Thanks for the follow up. I tested it today and it was works great with the suppressor. I was shooting Federal Gold Medal 168 and 175. Un-suppressed it was failing to eject, but with the suppressor on it locked the bolt open on empty mags and felt really nice to shoot. I need to get some M118LR to test with next.

I plan on reloading for this gun soon, and I'll see if I can work up a load that runs without suppressor. Next step is to try some of my bolt gun loads. My 168 SMK load about 100 FPS faster than the Federal in my 308 bolt action with no pressure signs so it may be ok for the MWS.

Thanks,
    SK
    BRT EZTUNE Gas Tube - LMT Mid Length
    SKU GT-EZL-MID Weight 0.10 lbs
    BBL Length: 16"
    Buffer: CAR H3
    Spring: Mil-Spec CAR
    Bolt Carrier Group: Factory LMT
    Suppressor Use: Dedicated - 7.62 / Low Back Pressure
    Suppressor Make/Model: SAS Arbiter
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    These EZTUNE tubes continue to work well for the large frame applications.

Quote Originally Posted by AA View Post
    Absolutely fantastic. I was shooting some weak ass L2A2 Malaysian M80 ball. Perfect cycling with just the right amount of gas to keep things locking back on empty.

Casings went about 5 yards at the 3 o'clock. This is with my 16" rifle length gas.

Port size is perfect. I would think about making it slightly smaller for the standard 20" rifle length guns. But my 16 was excellent with the standard 308 rifle buffer and factory rifle spring in an A2 tube.
    BRT EZTUNE Gas Tube - LMT Rifle Length
    SKU GT-EZL-RIFLE Weight 0.10 lbs
    BBL Length: 20"
    Buffer: A2 RIF
    Spring: Mil-Spec RIF / A5
    Bolt Carrier Group: LMT Enhanced
    Suppressor Use: 50/50 Mixed Use
    Suppressor Make/Model: VOX-S
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"