22 23.40%
  • lever action carbine

48 51.06%
  • scout style bolt action

12 12.77%
  • something else

12 12.77%
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If semi auto firearms were not an option.

Feedback Score

If semi auto firearms were not an option.

Consider this a hypothetical question.

I was talking to someone the other day about "safe" options in ban states and possible future bans. Yeah, I know and also strongly agree with the stance of not complying to draconian gun laws.

I have a feeling a huge resurgence of the home defense pump action shotgun or maybe even a wave of the cowboy carbine setups would happen. I am curious the thoughts of other people on here.
    Last edited by praythenspray; 11-14-19 at 07:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pretty much going back to what was commonly available in the 60s or prior to semi autos becoming mainstream.

For a rifle probably some kind of 357/44 mag lever action. You can find them from 5-10 round tubes +1 in chamber. Of course there's always the ever popular 30-30. If I had larger property a Ruger scout in 223 or 308. Bolt action but mag fed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Pretty much going back to what was commonly available in the 60s or prior to semi autos becoming mainstream.

For a rifle probably some kind of 357/44 mag lever action. You can find them from 5-10 round tubes +1 in chamber. Of course there's always the ever popular 30-30. If I had larger property a Ruger scout in 223 or 308. Bolt action but mag fed.
    Good point about the larger property. I actually live on a plot of land that easily takes me out of shotgun range. So a Marlin 336 set up with a light or a Remington 700 with the Magpul hunter stock would be better suited for any outdoor activities.
    Last edited by praythenspray; 11-14-19 at 08:02.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If semi's are not an option then it's time for full.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    If semi's are not an option then it's time for full.
    ^^^
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Probably a lever or revolving rifle/carbine in .357 or .44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A pack of angry Belgian Malinois with titanium teeths.

Feedback Score
    And the gamers go to PRS rifles and then the anti-s loose their ever loving minds when 1600 yard shots become common skills....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Living on .25 acre, I'd probably roll with a pump shotgun, but I'd be heavily tempted by a .357/44 lever action with matching revolver.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast