22 23.40%
  • lever action carbine

48 51.06%
  • scout style bolt action

12 12.77%
  • something else

12 12.77%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: If semi auto firearms were not an option.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No love for the Ruger scout carbine?

Feedback Score
    Well if we’re considering factory built scouts or scout like rifles I would put the Ruger near the bottom of the heap.

Feedback Score
    Shy of an AR or other semi-auto, a .357 lever gun would meet many requirements.

Troy at one time (not sure if they still make them or not) produced pump-actions AR's, both in 5.56 and .308 and they took detachable mags.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Most of the alternatives proposed are fairly straightforward and practical, just boils down to personal preference. Some can use a shotgun with slugs and be accurate to 50-100yds...I cannot,
    I would opt for a lever .357, 30/30, or the ruger scout with 10+1 capacity in .308 or 5.56, if I were to reside in a more rural area. As mentioned, it would depend on ones location, urban vs. rural. If faced with limited choices, and living in an urban environment, as I do, my choice would simply be a pocket 340pd for every day carry, shockwave shotty to keep in vehicle; and have duplicates at home. As a previous post stated, simple and easy to maintain items.

Feedback Score
    I’m sort of disappointed nobody has posted a picture of themselves with dual nylon shoulder holsters sporting a brace of Judges loaded with alternating 410 slugs and shot, another pair on each hip in uncle mike holsters loaded with 45 colt,
    And a fancy sling on a circuit judge carbine with red dot, laser, light combo.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Shy of an AR or other semi-auto, a .357 lever gun would meet many requirements.

Troy at one time (not sure if they still make them or not) produced pump-actions AR's, both in 5.56 and .308 and they took detachable mags.
    Back in 2006 or so there were AKs like that too

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I’m sort of disappointed nobody has posted a picture of themselves with dual nylon shoulder holsters sporting a brace of Judges loaded with alternating 410 slugs and shot, another pair on each hip in uncle mike holsters loaded with 45 colt,
    You mean 90gr projectiles with velocity similar to a 380 with 5 rounds in a 3lb gun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Just head over to The High Road (thehighroad.org) and you will find plenty of said photos.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I live in VA so I already had to prepare for January. I'll admit I do enjoy these though, both are 357. Henry and S&W M&P R8

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910