22 23.40%
  • lever action carbine

48 51.06%
  • scout style bolt action

12 12.77%
  • something else

12 12.77%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If semi auto firearms were not an option.

Feedback Score
    They will label every bolt action a 'sniper' rifle. Already have, but AWB sidetracked that movement.

Might as well start looking at break open, single shot or side by side rifles like the African hunters use.

Me, Im breaking out the Daisy Red Rider. Dipping my BB's in the mucous membrane of dangerous, South American frogs and looking to shoot peoples eyes out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armtx77 View Post
    They will label every bolt action a 'sniper' rifle. Already have, but AWB sidetracked that movement.

Might as well start looking at break open, single shot or side by side rifles like the African hunters use.

Me, Im breaking out the Daisy Red Rider. Dipping my BB's in the mucous membrane of dangerous, South American frogs and looking to shoot peoples eyes out.
    Oh hell.... SD with a 375H&H or the 450 Nitro Express. Nothing like 480gr at 5000ft-lbs! And for those who like to use what pops up in movies, a Quigley Sharps in 50-110!
    Last edited by Arik; 11-14-19 at 10:48.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Napopleonic era cannon.
    What, it's an "antique" so no licenses needed right?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Oh hell.... SD with a 375H&H or the 450 Nitro Express. Nothing like 480gr at 5000ft-lbs! And for those who like to use what pops up in movies, a Quigley Sharps in 50-110!
    I can see it now: Bandoliers of 450 Nitro's around peoples shoulder, like linked 308 for the 60 in Vietnam.
    Guys running around in British tan shorts, Bush shirts and knee high socks.

It is gonna be GLORIOUS. Wont be a need for any talk about "barrier grade" ammo either. Trip the ole Merkel side by side off and watch the commoners revel in your prowess.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armtx77 View Post
    I can see it now: Bandoliers of 450 Nitro's around peoples shoulder, like linked 308 for the 60 in Vietnam.
    Guys running around in British tan shorts, Bush shirts and knee high socks.

It is gonna be GLORIOUS. Wont be a need for any talk about "barrier grade" ammo either. Trip the ole Merkel side by side off and watch the commoners revel in your prowess.
    For barrier penetration I'm going with 505 Gibbs. 600gr at 5900ft-lbs

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Given the hypothetical, a .357/.38 Lever action.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    For barrier penetration I'm going with 505 Gibbs. 600gr at 5900ft-lbs
    Wise choice, indeed.

Feedback Score
    I guess I would roll with a strong side 8 shot 357,
    A cross draw 357 for a quick reload or draw cavalry style weak handed,
    A 357 lever action, I would say pump, because it’s quicker. But if I run my pump faster than I can run my lever action I end up getting malfunctions.
    Then should/back carry a shockwave.

With a brace of speed loaders for the revolvers and sling and butt wrap ammo loops for the lever action.

You could go mini shells in the shockwave, or even a full sized mossberg to max the shotgun ammo.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by praythenspray View Post
    Consider this a hypothetical question.

I was talking to someone the other day about "safe" options in ban states and possible future bans. Yeah, I know and also strongly agree with the stance of not complying to draconian gun laws.

I have a feeling a huge resurgence of the home defense pump action shotgun or maybe even a wave of the cowboy carbine setups would happen. I am curious the thoughts of other people on here.
    Eh, don’t worry about it. Once semi-autos are banned then pumps, bolt actions and lever actions will soon follow.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Fly- is that a legit quote...and if so, from who?
    Ive told Fudds for 30+ years now...ever see an anti-gunner that was truly pro-hunting? Ive not.
    The anti hunters are almost always anti gun & the anti gunners are almost always anti hunting.
    They've so much as stated the first step is semi's..then the "sniper rifles"...anything with an scope on it...then anything over three rounds because..and I actually heard this myself."because you cant have a gun that shoots more than three rounds for hunting geese..WHY do you need one for self defense"?
    They just want guns GONE, period. Many want police disarmed, no handguns for the military...nothing. These dove/duck hunting Fudds out in the blinds today refuse to believe those Bennelli shottys are on their radar too.
    Gun "owners" are our worst enemies.
    Update: Type in "Ban all guns:...look what pops up.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 11-14-19 at 12:09.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast