22 23.40%
  • lever action carbine

48 51.06%
  • scout style bolt action

12 12.77%
  • something else

12 12.77%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If semi auto firearms were not an option.

Feedback Score
    Future forums will have heated debates about the relative virtues of .357 vs .44 mag lever carbines.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The obvious choice is the primary weapon for most of the combatants of both World Wars. The military grade bolt action rifle. Pushed to choose one specifically I'd probably go with the No. 4 Enfield due to it's high capacity and rapid reloading.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    The obvious choice is the primary weapon for most of the combatants of both World Wars. The military grade bolt action rifle. Pushed to choose one specifically I'd probably go with the No. 4 Enfield due to it's high capacity and rapid reloading.
    Driving home yesterday I was actually thinking about this. Having owned Enfields I'd go with the Mauser. Loose 50% of the ammo but more common caliber and less chance of rim lock. 303 commercial ammo is hit or miss with rim thickness

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    No question, 357 all day everyday.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Several honey badgers wearing "Service Animal" vests.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hmm, do you think putting a "Service Animal" vest on a AAC Honey Badger is going to work?
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Driving home yesterday I was actually thinking about this. Having owned Enfields I'd go with the Mauser. Loose 50% of the ammo but more common caliber and less chance of rim lock. 303 commercial ammo is hit or miss with rim thickness
    My number two would probably be an 03A3 Springfield. To me, the ready availability of .30-06 ammo and the superior peep sight system trump the Mausers larger distribution (spare parts etc...) and possibly greater reliability.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My number two would probably be an 03A3 Springfield. To me, the ready availability of .30-06 ammo and the superior peep sight system trump the Mausers larger distribution (spare parts etc...) and possibly greater reliability.
    I also prefer the Mauser. Particularly the M48 and the Swedish varieties. I’ve got a Turkish Mauser barreled action that I’m thinking about rebarreling to 6.5x55 and adding a laminated stock.

I should add a 1903 to my collection.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-15-19 at 08:47.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    My thoughts on the .38spcl/.357 is there is system that can be built around the ammo.

A snubby for pocket carry, a larger 8 shot, and the lever gun.

Heck, Midwest Industries even makes a mlok HG. Throw a red dot on that bad boy.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    My thoughts on the .38spcl/.357 is there is system that can be built around the ammo.
    Ammo compatibility is great, but I feel the .357 levergun’s biggest strength is actually its mag capacity advantage at any given barrel length.

Edit: also the low recoil.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast