22 23.40%
  • lever action carbine

48 51.06%
  • scout style bolt action

12 12.77%
  • something else

12 12.77%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: If semi auto firearms were not an option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Lever action in the same caliber as a revolver. Basically heading back to the mid-late 1800's
    I would agree. I would go back to my Colt Single Action Army and Marlin 1984 both in 45 Colt that I reload with black powder (gotta be authentic if were going old school). My Marlin 1895 in 45-70 would replace the AR 10. Don't know if I'd give up my truck and ride my horse full time though!

Feedback Score
    I'll rock my Eli Whitney rolling block. Anybody know a source for 43 Spanish in bulk?
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I would simply default to my NFA machine guns, SBRs and such. Those will be the last items they mess with. Makes that $200 upgrade from a pistol brace an easy choice.
    Lots of ways they could F with those. Just ask the Canadian MG owners how they enjoy shooting theirs.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Hopefully, it never comes to that point in my lifetime. I wouldn't be able to stomach reading on this site that a lever, pump or bolt action can be run effectively and semi autos aren't the hill worth dying on.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    Hopefully, it never comes to that point in my lifetime. I wouldn't be able to stomach reading on this site that a lever, pump or bolt action can be run effectively and semi autos aren't the hill worth dying on.

Bolt and lever guns CAN be run very effectively. Having said that, I'm not giving up my semi auto rifles.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    A pack of angry Belgian Malinois with titanium teeths.
    The titanium teeth break off too easy...
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    Are we talking about home defense, CCW in public, or a walk in the woods? I'd use something different for each.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking a j frame, an 8 shot revolver and several lever actions in calibers to cover all the bases.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Firstly, anybody that does NOT have a Red Ryder is a dad burn Commie. Second, I'm not worried about HD and semi auto's, I believe Im capable of going bang bang on a skinny in the dark of night with many other options. But Oh my Lord that would SUCK ARSE.

Its a legit worry.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Winchester 30/30 with Aimpoint on scout mount. Plus an 870.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast