Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New or old USP 9MM ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

New or old USP 9MM ?

I have always wanted a HK USP 9MM, and now I see HK has flat dark earth frame USP 9mm pistols available
    at all the usual sources.
    A friend of mine says only get an older model because they will have the steel trigger instead of the new model
    plastic.
    Anybody chime in on this, true or not ?
    They are built like a tank.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It literally makes no difference.

I’d get a VP9 or a P2000 first though

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did he say why or is this one of those "feel" things.

Just about all guns today have plastic triggers. Glocks, M&P, ...etc

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It’s a feel thing.

If it were me and I “had” to have a USP; I’d get a P2000 with LEM trigger.

VP9 is where HK is wanting to go. USP is fast approaching legacy territory and it’s mot worth the dragon chase.

P2000 has current mag compatibility and is essentially a USP in all the ways that matter and still allows for weaponlights without adapters.

Feedback Score
    I had an old USP I offloaded this year. I was sold on "built like a tank" and just wanted one for s and gs until I didnt shoot it for a year. Yup. It was cool but I dont miss it one bit.

Did USPs ever come standard with a metal trigger? I had 9 built in like 94 or 95 and I recall plastic?

OP, if you want one get one, but they don't shoot softer or more accurate than any other polymer wonder 9 of today. Plus holsters, especially for the full size, were hard to find. No duty holster for weapon lighted USP exists. Yeah, cool but retro bordering on obsolescence (due to mounting limitations).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well thanks for reply's, striker fired pistols are suck to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one and I like it. Bought it a long time ago. It came with an HK light and a bunch of mags including the 18 rounders. Was a police gun at one point and I think I got the whole issued package.

A little outdated but doesn't bother me. Mine is an LEM and definitely more accurate, for me, than the typical duty 9 popular today.
    Last edited by Arik; 11-14-19 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    +1 on steel vs plastic triggers. I didn't think it'd make that much difference in my M9, but I find I like the steel trigger much better.

Feedback Score
    My advice...
    1. Understand that the gun doesnt matter.
    2. Know what you want
    3. Get what you want.

If steel trigger is a thing, and you want it- get it. But know it wont make any meaningful difference in performance.

If it makes you more confident, its worth the $ IMO.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-14-19 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    Well if striker guns suck for you, and the USP is your cup of tea, just rock it. Just cause you dont have a KAC or HK416 with S&B ATACR, NODs, PEQ and modlite with Glock 17 by Agency w/ RMR and SF Vampire doesn't mean your gonna lose the gunfight.

If I've learned nothing else here its that training>everything and the general starting point is Glock 19 and Colt 6920 and find out what you need after a couple classes.

Don't try to justify your purchase with anyone but yourself. I'm literally going to buy a 1911 because. That's it. If I can become efficient I'll carry the MF. Remember dudes are out there stacking bodies with MP44s because its what they have. If you are better with a USP over G17, CZ, etc. then just friggin smash it and don't look back. Take classes, get spare parts, and have like 10 mags minimum. Get a good solid weapon light and a good adapter. Take classes and find what you like and dislike. Change it from there. I'm not saying you're full tard if you buy one, my personal experience had pointed me to Glock due to simplicity and ease of maintenance. If your points you to USP that is straight baller. Serious man, I hope you're the lucky few you get to rock out with something different, but do it for the right reasons, not instagram fame. Dont take offense, I just want what's best for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast