Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    That's just it, right there.

Spaghetti Western perfectly describes the feel.
    My terrible attempt at photoshop
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Star Wars is at its best when it’s shameless in its Western and Samurai movie inspiration:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    That's just it, right there.

Spaghetti Western perfectly describes the feel.
    well then they need a scene like this to make it complete.

Feedback Score
    Just saw both episodes. Wow. I can't believe they didn't screw this up with SJW dogma. I'll actually feel a little sad when they inevitably do.

I didn't see Empire Strikes Back until I was almost in my teens. Then it was plastic ship models, the Lucas Arts games like X-wing and Tie Fighter, then a few of the books during my teens.

This is the Star Wars I recognize from my childhood. It's all about freedom.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    FYI if you have a Verizon unlimited plan, you get Disney + for free for a year...on any mobile capable device.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I'll wait.
    I kinda like how everyone's seen a whopping 2 episodes and are ready to unilaterally sing it's praises.
    It's almost like most have forgotten how most shows, especially mainstream ones like this, generally go- you either get a few good, well-written episodes, which were all that were completed before the show was shoved out the door to hit a deadline, and then about halfway through the first season it goes to shit.
    Or you get one good first season, and then the second season everything goes to shit.
    If they can hold it together for the WHOLE first season... then I'll say it was "good".
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've enjoyed the first couple of episodes. The kyr'bes? Beskar? A vibroblade? Looks like Disney is dipping into the Expanded Universe and making an effort to appeal to hard core Star Wars geeks.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I'll wait.
    I kinda like how everyone's seen a whopping 2 episodes and are ready to unilaterally sing it's praises.
    It's almost like most have forgotten how most shows, especially mainstream ones like this, generally go- you either get a few good, well-written episodes, which were all that were completed before the show was shoved out the door to hit a deadline, and then about halfway through the first season it goes to shit.
    Or you get one good first season, and then the second season everything goes to shit.
    If they can hold it together for the WHOLE first season... then I'll say it was "good".
    I'mma repost, but...

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    It's why I said "so far".

I know how they can dick things up.

Here's to hoping they don't.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Not a lot of dialog to screw up so that is good. No overly annoying "funny" characters that stick around too long.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast