Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Plus, watch Chap 1. Man do is told the coordinates are 50 years old, meaning the baby should be 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yea but the aging rate is irrelevant if it’s a clone since it can be anything, accelerated or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    He isn’t a clone, the species lives for centuries. Yoda was 900 when he died so it is possible that at the 50 year mark he or she is still and infant.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    What if he starts talking and has just been quiet all along?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    He very well may start talking. This is speculation based on a toy to be released May 18th, the “Star Wars The Child Talking Plush Toy.”

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-t...y/-/A-79361549

ETA it lists “hear adorable vocal sounds from the character featured in the Disney Plus series The Mandalorian! We dare you not to melt!”
    Last edited by john armond; 12-12-19 at 19:28.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    So...Baby Yoda got me to thinking over the cloning theory. Everyone says "the times don't work out" based on the 50 year old age given out in the series. The times (depending on when the Mandalorian is set) would have been well prior to Sifo Diyas contracting the Kaminoans for the clone army.

However...

Clones age at an accelerated rate. Making this theory still within the realm of the possibility of it actually being a Yoda clone and his "age" is just an error.

Sifo Diyas went to Kamino 10 years prior to the start of the Clone Wars to have a clone army produced. The Clone Wars happened 20 years prior to ANH. From ANH to ROTJ, five years passed, making it 35 years from the time the Clones are contracted to the earliest possible start of the Mandalorian series. The time frame of The Mandalorian is still in question though we know it's after ROTJ and prior to TFA...so let's say 38 years from the time the Kaminoans were contacted for arguments sake. 28 years from the start of the Clone Wars.

So, at an accelerated growth rate of 200%, a "50 year old" Yoda clone would in fact be only 25 years old. Which would have been during the time of the Clone Wars. Maybe someone had Yoda cloned (himself even?) as a preventative measure since it was getting evident the Jedi Order was failing? He knew it was going to collapse from the last season of The Clone Wars series.

So, it is possible for Baby Yoda to actually be Yoda's clone as the timeline works out from an "accelerated" aging process.

ETA: The Kaminoans also weren't the only cloners. Just damn good ones.
    The Republic's Clonetroopers were accelerated in growth because they were a product and part of the product line was producing an army for the Republic in a relatively short period of time.

If the client does not specify accelerated growth, there is no need to implement it. In fact, IIRC, there were some problems with the Grand Army of the Republic's Clonetroopers due to the accelerated growth. Never mind that even the youngest clone would have aged out of the Imperial Army by the time of the Battle of Yavin.

Boba Fett's growth rate was not accelerated, for instance.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the last things to happen in Chapter 8.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Another glorious episode
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Another glorious episode
    Bigly FACTS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    “You get what you deserve” was made more menacing than even how Joker said it

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If you rewatch #3, it appears boba fett was in the group when he returned with all the beskar and was fighting the bigger guy.

Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast