Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Finished season 1. I liked it, my son liked it, my wife slept through them. Star Wars has always been a "Space Western" at its core. I think that they overdid it bit with this season. The only thing missing was a guy named "Hauzz" and repeating rifle with a large loop handle. Some complexity to the plots, people die.

So is it "The Searchers" in reverse?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Finished season 1. I liked it, my son liked it, my wife slept through them. Star Wars has always been a "Space Western" at its core. I think that they overdid it bit with this season. The only thing missing was a guy named "Hauzz" and repeating rifle with a large loop handle. Some complexity to the plots, people die.

So is it "The Searchers" in reverse?
    I think it's more of the "action without significant plot" to an extent. Overall, yeah there is an plot behind the scenes, but it harks back to the 80s action flicks that were long on "cool stuff" and short on significant background which really isn't needed for the Star Wars faithful.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    The Stormtroopers shooting at the can 10 feet away was HILARIOUS!
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

This is 100% true.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The Stormtroopers shooting at the can 10 feet away was HILARIOUS!
    Rule # 127: Only the good guys can hit anything in Star Wars.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That's cause storm troopers can't see a thing out of those helmets. Luke said so himself during the rescue of Leia.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Related.

https://collider.com/obi-wan-series-...d-disney-plus/

Last week, troubling rumors began swirling about the upcoming Disney+ series revolving around the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ewan McGregor is poised to reprise his role from the Star Wars prequels in a story set eight years after the events of Revenge of the Sith. Screenwriter Hossein Amini (Drive) and director Deborah Chow (The Mandalorian) were tapped to spearhead the series, and production was on pace to begin this year. These rumors hinted at potential trouble behind the scenes, and while we’re hearing the show isn’t cancelled, we are hearing that it’s been delayed.

Two independent sources with knowledge of the situation tell Collider that the Obi-Wan series has been put on hold, as the crew that had assembled at Pinewood Studios in London was sent home. A timeframe was not given, but the crew was told that the show would be down “indefinitely.”

We’re hearing that Lucasfilm president and Obi-Wan producer Kathleen Kennedy was not happy with the scripts. Sources tell us that what will most likely happen next is the scripts will be reworked with the hopeful goal of reassembling this summer, but there’s always the possibility that that timeframe could shift.
    If Kathleen Kennedy is "not happy" chances are the show didn't focus quite enough on a Mary Sue.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post

This is 100% true.
    It should be ONLY baby Yoda in the picture...then it would be spot on.

Last week, troubling rumors began swirling about the upcoming Disney+ series revolving around the character of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Ewan McGregor is poised to reprise his role from the Star Wars prequels in a story set eight years after the events of Revenge of the Sith. Screenwriter Hossein Amini (Drive) and director Deborah Chow (The Mandalorian) were tapped to spearhead the series, and production was on pace to begin this year. These rumors hinted at potential trouble behind the scenes, and while we’re hearing the show isn’t cancelled, we are hearing that it’s been delayed.

Two independent sources with knowledge of the situation tell Collider that the Obi-Wan series has been put on hold, as the crew that had assembled at Pinewood Studios in London was sent home. A timeframe was not given, but the crew was told that the show would be down “indefinitely.”

We’re hearing that Lucasfilm president and Obi-Wan producer Kathleen Kennedy was not happy with the scripts. Sources tell us that what will most likely happen next is the scripts will be reworked with the hopeful goal of reassembling this summer, but there’s always the possibility that that timeframe could shift.
    Um...didn't someone tell her that Special People were creating this show?
    Sounds like white bread Kennedy needs to check her privilege...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    So, my wife and I went out on a nice date this past Saturday. When we got home, the babysitter was watching The Phantom Menace on our Disney+ Roku app. She said once the kids went to bed, she finished off the last two episodes of Mandalorian (which she raved about) and then decided she needed to catch up on the movies, so she started from the beginning, chronologically.

I told her she's welcome to watch our kids any time.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast