Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Started first episode last night. Stopped when(assuming) Lando Calrissian was on screen.

I was tired and not very focused on story up to that point so decided to watch tonight at earlier time.

Have some questions. First, I am not a Star Wars junkie so not well versed in canon/timelines, etc. IIRC, The Mandalorian begins after the Empire has declined. Correct? In the first Star Wars movie, the Empire was a force(ha!) to be reckoned with; as in not in decline. When does The Mandalorian take place in context of the movies?

The Mandalorian met with guy that had a bounty to be collected. Guy was guarded by Stormtroopers. Remnants of Empire?

I've seen references to a baby Yoda. Barely skimmed thread so don't run into spoilers. If this is Yoda as a baby, then this would have to precede first Star Wars film. If so, then Empire declined and then reformed strongly?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Started first episode last night. Stopped when(assuming) Lando Calrissian was on screen.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Boba- Don't understand.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Boba- Don't understand.
    I understand. You got two black dudes confused. Happens all the time.

Carl Weathers vs. Billy Dee Williams

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Any chance you know the answers to some of my questions?

Hoping with Boba Fett as a name you might know a little something.

Off with kids to see Frozen 2...such fun. Let It Go!, Let It Go!
    Last edited by 6933; 12-01-19 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone else notice the reference to the “Star Wars Holiday Special” in the first episode? I wonder if the rights to that were bought by Disney too.��

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My money is still saying baby yoda is clone. Hence the dude wearing the clone scientist uniform as depicted in episode 2 iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mods please ban 6933 for DARING to confuse Billy Dee Williams with Apollo MFing Creed.

Also the last episode felt SO MUCH like an episode of Firefly that it was just....awesome.

What I like about Mando is that he can emote so much despite wearing a helmet.

He’s complicated. He kinda scoffs at being called a mercenary despite doing mercenary things.

I think they want us to think he was into the Widow but I am telling you he had chemistry with Gina Carano. And the fact he almost got his ass kicked by a woman has a few people reeeeing but they forget that this is Gina Carano. She’s tall for a girl, swole AF, and beat up Colossus.

Plus we know Mando is skilled but not a super human mary sue. He kinda reminds me of a cross between Leon the Professional, the Man with No Name, and obviously Lone Wolf snd Cub. He hasn’t forgotten where he has come from and is the first real anti-hero we’ve seen in a while. I don’t mean like an “anti-hero” that’s essentially an asshole who is the designated good guy. I mean he’s literally someone living by the sword and knows what that entails.

Honestly unless they really go off the rails, he’s more interesting than Boba Fett. He has his own morals but morals he does have.

Baby Yoda could potentially be a Force Superweapon in the making but all he sees is a baby. Like what he used to be. And someone took him in and now he takes the baby in because

This is the way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The story takes place post Empire.

Like a Reconstruction era post Galactic Civil War. Rebellion has won and is growing fat and stupid. Imperial loyalists have a kind of Odessa Project going on where former Empire honchos are in exile or hiding with loyalist Stormtroopers hoping to rise again.

I see the hints that Baby Yoda is a Yoda clone and they are trying to harness or repurpose force sensitive beings kinda like in Metal Gear with Big Boss’ body. And while I don’t care for the new movies it kinda is a path to the First Order.

But the opportunity is RICH with some world building like the book Killer Angels or Firefly in that the Rebellion wasn’t all that and some people actually preferred the Empire as it brought order to some lawlessness.

But baby Yoda is 50 years old which means that he predates Palpatine’s reign. The Empire only stood for 20 years. So what was going on in the 30 years prior?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

This series takes place five years after the events of The Return of the Jedi. Baby Yoda is not actually Yoda as a baby. It's a baby with no name, so people are just calling it "baby Yoda" for a lack of a known name. What you're seeing are remnants of the Galactic Empire who are pretty much scattered to the four winds following the defeat at the Battle of Endor.

Taking my two girls to see Frozen 2 this afternoon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Mods please ban 6933 for DARING to confuse Billy Dee Williams with Apollo MFing Creed.
    Word.

Mr. Colt 45 never bloodied Rocky Balboa. This is historical fact.

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast