Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    I am enjoying it. Just wish the episodes were longer.
    I get what you're saying, but I don't think it would work as well for this storytelling format. Even then, a few of the episodes so far have approached the 43 minutes or so of a network-hour program.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Forum issues double tap
    Last edited by sundance435; 12-10-19 at 14:27.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Forum issues double tap
    Last edited by sundance435; 12-10-19 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Just got caught up since I got the Disney + with my Verizon upgrade. It's been good so far, but I'm curious what the big picture plot is behind the scenes in reference to Baby Yoda.

What I do find really cool is the live action stuff we only saw in the cartoons before (provided it's CGI, but still)

Dude loves his flamethrower for sure. And he's got to get himself a jetpack.

I'm still asking myself why they didn't get Dave Filoni to do Episode 7-9. The man knows and breathes Star Wars.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Just got caught up since I got the Disney + with my Verizon upgrade. It's been good so far, but I'm curious what the big picture plot is behind the scenes in reference to Baby Yoda.

What I do find really cool is the live action stuff we only saw in the cartoons before (provided it's CGI, but still)

Dude loves his flamethrower for sure. And he's got to get himself a jetpack.

I'm still asking myself why they didn't get Dave Filoni to do Episode 7-9. The man knows and breathes Star Wars.
    Because money.

Because (for some inscrutable reason) people think Jar-Jar Abrams is brilliant, so his name draws money and crowds. Because even though the same people who wrote and approved the story, production, editing, and release of The Last Jedi wrote and approved the story, production, editing, and release of The Force Awakens, TLJ must be poorly received is because it was directed by someone who isn't Jar-Jar Abrams.

Outside of the Star Wars faithful, nobody seems to know who Dave Filoni is.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Outside of the Star Wars faithful, nobody seems to know who Dave Filoni is.
    It seems like some SW faithful doesn't know who he is either...

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    The horrible acting of the millennial bounty hunter kid was rough to watch, and I felt like what’s-her-nuts comedian Amy Sedaris was a little hokey for the quality storytelling that has occurred up this point... I felt like that last episode didn’t fit in with the rest of them.
    Your critical feedback about the last episode is welcome here.

I don't think the kid's acting is any better or worse than what we've seen in any popular film or modern television series. It's certainly a matter of opinion, but because we're talking about fictional characters in a sci-fi fantasy genre, which is a far cry from something like say a biopic based on a complex public figure, I'm willing to forgive moments of lackluster acting all things considered. I didn't mind Amy Sedaris, and her involvement kind of harks back to the cheesy but well-meaning supporting characters that were prevalent in 80s TV shows. With the exception of the "IG88" bounty hunter, I see the Mandalorian's interactions with these supporting characters as a build-up to a strong network of allies he can trust if/when sh!t really goes south for him or baby Yoda. As for this episode not fitting in with the rest, I feel the last two were true stand-alone efforts that serve as vehicles to advance the character development of the Mandalorian, and taken as an individual puzzle piece, will ultimately support a larger story arc that will have a significant impact on the Star Wars narrative on a more grand scale in the future. Remains to be seen I guess.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Your critical feedback about the last episode is welcome here.

I don't think the kid's acting is any better or worse than what we've seen in any popular film or modern television series. It's certainly a matter of opinion, but because we're talking about fictional characters in a sci-fi fantasy genre, which is a far cry from something like say a biopic based on a complex public figure, I'm willing to forgive moments of lackluster acting all things considered. I didn't mind Amy Sedaris, and her involvement kind of harks back to the cheesy but well-meaning supporting characters that were prevalent in 80s TV shows. With the exception of the "IG88" bounty hunter, I see the Mandalorian's interactions with these supporting characters as a build-up to a strong network of allies he can trust if/when sh!t really goes south for him or baby Yoda. As for this episode not fitting in with the rest, I feel the last two were true stand-alone efforts that serve as vehicles to advance the character development of the Mandalorian, and taken as an individual puzzle piece, will ultimately support a larger story arc that will have a significant impact on the Star Wars narrative on a more grand scale in the future. Remains to be seen I guess.
    This.

However, I do agree Millenial Bounty Hunter was annoying and I was happy to see him get blasted.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    So...Baby Yoda got me to thinking over the cloning theory. Everyone says "the times don't work out" based on the 50 year old age given out in the series. The times (depending on when the Mandalorian is set) would have been well prior to Sifo Diyas contracting the Kaminoans for the clone army.

However...

Clones age at an accelerated rate. Making this theory still within the realm of the possibility of it actually being a Yoda clone and his "age" is just an error.

Sifo Diyas went to Kamino 10 years prior to the start of the Clone Wars to have a clone army produced. The Clone Wars happened 20 years prior to ANH. From ANH to ROTJ, five years passed, making it 35 years from the time the Clones are contracted to the earliest possible start of the Mandalorian series. The time frame of The Mandalorian is still in question though we know it's after ROTJ and prior to TFA...so let's say 38 years from the time the Kaminoans were contacted for arguments sake. 28 years from the start of the Clone Wars.

So, at an accelerated growth rate of 200%, a "50 year old" Yoda clone would in fact be only 25 years old. Which would have been during the time of the Clone Wars. Maybe someone had Yoda cloned (himself even?) as a preventative measure since it was getting evident the Jedi Order was failing? He knew it was going to collapse from the last season of The Clone Wars series.

So, it is possible for Baby Yoda to actually be Yoda's clone as the timeline works out from an "accelerated" aging process.

ETA: The Kaminoans also weren't the only cloners. Just damn good ones.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Baby Yoda isn’t a clone. He is the goodness that resides in us all

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast