Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Feedback Score
    Heresy sir (did I spell that right?) a couple episodes were a little off but I think it really ended well. Looking forward to season two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I found S1 overall disappointing. S2 looks promising
    You're a Jar Jar fan, aren't you?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shots fired!!!!
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That's a negative. Mandalorian was a missed op to make a great show, and they made an OK show at best. I hope S2 is better.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That's a negative. Mandalorian was a missed op to make a great show, and they made an OK show at best. I hope S2 is better.
    It had a couple of "slow" or "meh" episodes, but overall, I thought the series was a damn sight better than anything else Disney put out live action wise since Rogue 1.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It had a couple of "slow" or "meh" episodes, but overall, I thought the series was a damn sight better than anything else Disney put out live action wise since Rogue 1.
    If the show was Rogue 1 level, I'd be thrilled. I found the ratio of slow/meh episodes was much higher than those that kept me wanting more. I was really hoping for something ESB/R1 quality. It's ok, I'll watch S2, but so far, they have missed the op to make a great SF show based on the Star Wars gig.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yeah, concur. That's what I mean by the episodic nature being a plus. They can take some risks, and end up with a few 'meh' episodes, but as long as they're not outright employing 8 year olds to make the screenplays, they'll still be in good stead.

Rogue1 was an exception, and I don't think it's reasonable to think they can do that consistently - Disney criminally underutilizes the Pixar Brain Trust, and the concept isn't actually that portable to something like this, but that was good precisely because they were allowed to fail, allowed to deviate from expectations.

For a flagship that is going to have to carry the franchise, something very formulaic is brilliant. It doesn't have to be exceptionally good, it just has to be consistently good, and have a few exceptional high points that are driven by well written characters that have relevant arcs. If they're not allowed to fail, this is the expectation to have going in, and I think they can and will hit that. I want the follow-on to be something in the Old Republic, leverage a lot of the same 'take an existing genre we know how to write stories for, and put them in that Star Wars setting', because that will work very well also.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Yeah, concur. That's what I mean by the episodic nature being a plus. They can take some risks, and end up with a few 'meh' episodes, but as long as they're not outright employing 8 year olds to make the screenplays, they'll still be in good stead.

Rogue1 was an exception, and I don't think it's reasonable to think they can do that consistently - Disney criminally underutilizes the Pixar Brain Trust, and the concept isn't actually that portable to something like this, but that was good precisely because they were allowed to fail, allowed to deviate from expectations.

For a flagship that is going to have to carry the franchise, something very formulaic is brilliant. It doesn't have to be exceptionally good, it just has to be consistently good, and have a few exceptional high points that are driven by well written characters that have relevant arcs. If they're not allowed to fail, this is the expectation to have going in, and I think they can and will hit that. I want the follow-on to be something in the Old Republic, leverage a lot of the same 'take an existing genre we know how to write stories for, and put them in that Star Wars setting', because that will work very well also.
    Rogue 1 was really good because it was an "origin" story and helped bridge Ep III to IV as well as tying in some of the animated series. Most of the time, the "origins" stories about the characters are best left to things like the Marvel Cinematic Universe or X-Men series, hence why Solo wasn't that good. The origin stories about the Rebellion or big ticket items of that nature can be done right.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m just hoping baby yoda will be able to save 2020 for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast