Thread: Thinking about a Faxon 6.5 Creedmoor barrel? Read on...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Thinking about a Faxon 6.5 Creedmoor barrel? Read on...

I recently purchased a Faxon Big Gunner 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, 16.1" inches, midlength gas.

Installed in my Aero M5 upper and using a Toolcraft dual ejector high pressure BCG, it would not feed any of my 6.5 ammo. I tried with a single ejector bolt, and it fed Sellier & Bellot 140gr ammo with its shorter, more rounded bullet, but still refused to feed VLDs.

Why? Because the feed cone is way too small and bullets simply hit the "wall" -- you can see the copper marks in the second picture:

So I asked my gunsmith to widen the feedcone, which he did. Now the barrel/BCG combo feeds everything perfectly.

Brass is fine, no problems with bulging cases or anything like that. Barrel is also very accurate.

Before I talked to my gunsmith, I contacted Faxon directly and they said the barrel was fine and were no further help.

So, if you're buying a Faxon 6.5 Creedmoor AR308 barrel, be forewarned that you may have feeding problems!

You can look at all sorts of AR308 barrels online and see generous feed cones. I sincerely hope Faxon fixes this issue.
    Last edited by caporider; 11-15-19 at 13:58.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Amazing how often you read about Faxon barrels having issues. They're really a company I'd like to have confidence in...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Than You for the Heads Up. My biggest concern here would be the lack of Good Quality Customer Service.

Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by md66948; 11-27-19 at 06:56.

Feedback Score
    It seems Faxon's once excellent CS has joined their QC in needing improvement.