Thread: Knights Armament RAS question

Feedback Score

Knights Armament RAS question

I recently ordered a Knights Armament RAS for my Colt LE6920 and noticed it said it comes with three 11 ribbed rail covers, is that the normal load out? I thought of getting a 9 rib or 6 rib and add a vertical grip. What’s the normal length cover for the bottom rail for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Every RAS (M4 or M5, or RAS II) I have bought came with 3 11 rib panels. The length of the panels is dictated by the location of the accessory you want to attach.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Every RAS (M4 or M5, or RAS II) I have bought came with 3 11 rib panels. The length of the panels is dictated by the location of the accessory you want to attach.
    That’s good to know, thanks!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    If you are in need of different lengths RAS rail covers, let me know. I believe I still have a crap load of rail covers (all KAC) of different lengths. When I get home tomorrow I will double check and let you know what I have. If I have what you’re looking for, they’re yours.

Send me a PM with the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Josefius View Post
    I recently ordered a Knights Armament RAS for my Colt LE6920 and noticed it said it comes with three 11 ribbed rail covers, is that the normal load out? I thought of getting a 9 rib or 6 rib and add a vertical grip. What’s the normal length cover for the bottom rail for that?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

It depends on what RAS you obtain. If you buy a commercial RAS in commercial retail packaging it will come with three 11 rib panels only.

If you find a RAS in military packaging it will come with the full panel kit and VFG.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    It depends on what RAS you obtain. If you buy a commercial RAS in commercial retail packaging it will come with three 11 rib panels only.

If you find a RAS in military packaging it will come with the full panel kit and VFG.
    Is there any difference between the two versions other than what comes with it? I mean do they have the same cage code?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    They are the same rails, different items included depending on which one you buy.

Is there any difference between the two versions other than what comes with it? I mean do they have the same cage code?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for clearing all this up for me everyone.