Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This country is not worth defending. Change my mind

Feedback Score

This country is not worth defending. Change my mind

I’ve been the biggest patriot for the longest time. However, life is cruel and I’ve begun to rethink it. What makes this country worth defending. We live in a society that is disgusting. Our society defines you by your past even if you made a genuine mistake. You have people trying to strip the constitution. You have truly degenerate behavior left and right, etc. What makes this country great? What still makes it worth defending?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You gotta live somewhere.

What country is better?
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    I’ve been the biggest patriot for the longest time. However, life is cruel and I’ve begun to rethink it. What makes this country worth defending. We live in a society that is disgusting. Our society defines you by your past even if you made a genuine mistake. You have people trying to strip the constitution. You have truly degenerate behavior left and right, etc. What makes this country great? What still makes it worth defending?
    Because it's my home! Period! I wasn't born here but this is my home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I live my life with the concept that you absolutely find what you are looking for. When all you are looking for is bad, disgusting, and worthless, that is all you see.

I look for the good in life, and I find fine people all around me that work hard, live honest lives, stay loyal to their families, treat their spouses with kindness and respect, and wake up every morning glad they live in the U.S. Every day I find a new reason to keep moving forward and be proud of this country.

If you can't find that where you are at, then maybe you need to look somewhere else.

There have been PLENTY of times in our history of the United States that it has been FAR worse than it is now.

Feedback Score
    Ex-Pats doing it every day. Maybe some time abroad, living under the freedoms other countries provide, will change your mind.
    I like it here and things are cyclical. If Im gonna have to fight the zombie hoards, I would just assume doing so, on my particular piece dirt.
    Last edited by armtx77; 11-15-19 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    If there are 10 good people here, this country is worth defending.
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 11-15-19 at 20:15.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Because it's my home! Period! I wasn't born here but this is my home.
    Best answer of all.
    "One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    Just because it has some shit heads doesn’t mean the country as a whole is lost. Go move to Syria or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Because I made an oath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The nation IS worth defending.

Most BLUE county residents? NOT so much...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast