Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: This country is not worth defending. Change my mind

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Mistake or Crime? The type of crime which keeps you out of the military is usually a felony of some sort. For misdemeanors, waivers can be obtained - sometimes (in rare cases) a felony can get a waiver.
    I assume that tends to go up and down depending on if they need bodies?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    To an extent it does, definitely branch dependent as well as political climate. It also could just be that he wants something requiring a security clearance but a misdemeanor or maybe even dropped charge is enough to screw that up. Obviously that doesn’t prevent service in every way, but I’m sure people cry about it for attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Only if authoritarians of any persuasion are able to amend the constitution to obliterate essential individual liberties, will I feel like the country is not worth defending.

They never rest, so neither can we. And they’ve been winning like crazy, behind the scenes, for decades. We’re just now starting to see that pay dividends for them: their control of academia, news/ media, story-telling/Hollywood, corporate leadership, technology/e-commerce/ social media, etc. Hence my “We Need To Do Better” thread. Because we do. The prognosis doesn’t look good. I wanted to have a brainstorming discussion about how we could help reach out to people and roll back the abusive government tides. Everyone pretty much said Too Late
    Last edited by Mozart; 11-18-19 at 14:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Not so much for felonies, but lesser violations like excessive speeding tickets can get waivers as well as other minor offenses. Felonies are generally the kiss of death for getting into the military.

Feedback Score
    I've got some news for you. It is not our society that defines you by your past, it is every society. It is in fact human nature. Some 'mistakes' are worse and less forgivable than others. I've never heard of anyone being denied entrance to the military over excessive library fines. I can't think of a country on the face of the Earth that is more worth defending than this one. Perhaps I'm biased but my sentiments tend to run in the love it or leave it direction.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Not so much for felonies, but lesser violations like excessive speeding tickets can get waivers as well as other minor offenses. Felonies are generally the kiss of death for getting into the military.
    Didn’t the army wave certain felonies during the surge around 07 or so? I was a kid but remember hearing some concerning stuff about what was getting wavered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatriot2705 View Post
    I’ve been the biggest patriot for the longest time. However, life is cruel and I’ve begun to rethink it. What makes this country worth defending. We live in a society that is disgusting. Our society defines you by your past even if you made a genuine mistake. You have people trying to strip the constitution. You have truly degenerate behavior left and right, etc. What makes this country great? What still makes it worth defending?
    Let me see if I have this straight. You or those like you were just fine with the American Bush Wars. First there was Kuwait. G.H.W. Bush trumped up a war with Iraq based on their inability to repay at war debt to Kuwait. The real reason was Dr. Gerald Bull's high pressure cannon running up a hillside, fixed at Tel Aviv, able to launch 1800 pound shells at that city, one after the other. The Israelis were no match for the Iraqis at that time so we went to war based on a lie for another country. Then there was Afghanistan. Al Quada used Afghanistan as a base so we sent in special forces after 9/11 and chased them into Pakistan or killed them. Then we began fighting a costly low level war there for the next 18 years. Great strategy. Then there was Iraq. G.W. Bush made up another lie about WMD and send us in there full bore. Again, to make the world safer for Israel. So combined we flushed 3-4 trillion dollars down the drain and lost nearly 5K people. None of this was in the interest of the United States. None of this was in any way defense of the United States. The only possible argument would be the first six months of Afghanistan and that could have been done with 100 nuclear cruise missiles. Afghanistan would have been a memory.

But now you are saying the USA is not worth fighting for when: 1. We have been invaded by 40 million illegal aliens and their families sucking us dry. 2. Leftists who want to completely destroy our way of life from within, enslaving us, our children and grandchildren. This is not a foreign adventure. This is not a made up war. This is the only war worth fighting in my lifetime. Nobody is asking for a dime to fight this war. All that is asked is when the shooting starts to be able to defend ourselves. We will do the rest.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am retired and while not sufficiently stove up to qualified for one of the coveted handicapped car stickers, I can see it from here. I don’t like it, but it’s turning out to be a blessing of sorts. For various reasons I spent most of my life as a cynic and lone wolf. Now that I need help (fell down again today, dammit) and have been actively engaging with real live people I am humbled by their kindness and willingness to help. It helps to be in a town of about 5000 in the Rockies, but it happens elsewhere too. About I can do is read, load ammo, and be a Johnny Appleseed for the AR.

Is this country worth defending? Damn straight.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 11-18-19 at 17:59.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Didn’t the army wave certain felonies during the surge around 07 or so? I was a kid but remember hearing some concerning stuff about what was getting wavered.
    I don't know - I retried the end of December 1999. It's possible, but manpower needs and whims of the Army change. I know a kid from this State who has been at Fort Jackson for Basic since @ 12 November. He'll do AIT at Fort Eustiss as a 15U -Chinook Repairer. The kid has a mild form of color blindness, but he has 4 years of JROTC and is smart. They took him and he went right in as a PV2.

We still don't know what the "mistake" was by the OP, but I am guessing a series of factors kept him (or his "friend") out of the military. Enlistment recruiters are like used car salesmen. They work-it hard to get quality people in for certain high demand jobs.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678