Thread: sorry for all the questions, but how much reticle shake should I expect (read post)

Feedback Score

sorry for all the questions, but how much reticle shake should I expect (read post)

Shooting prone using my magazine as monopod with a lightweight bcm 14.5" upper, how much should I expect the reticle to shake at 100 yards as beginner and how much shake should I expect after some dryfire practice for 1 hour a day for 2 weeks at 100 yards

and shooting kneeling (the kind where you place all your weight on your right foot) how much should I expect the reticle to shake at 50 yards and 100 yards as a beginner, and again how much reticle shake should I expect after 1 hour of dry fire practice for 2 weeks.

Also, and please dont let the detract from my original post does anyone know of any videos or channels on youtube that show a view from the reticle as the shooter shoots, idealy prone using the magazine as a monopod and kneeling at 50 or 100 yards. An example of what I am looking for would be supersetca's review of 1-6x optics, at 5:25 he begins shooting with a razor 1-6x with a view of the recticle I am looking for

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Until just now as a test, I have never used a magazine as a monopod while prone, since I have various bipods that work very well. I don't know why you're placing so much emphasis on a use case you should do everything possible to avoid.

In this position, the reticle shouldn't "shake" at all at 9 times magnification or below, but it may move from side to side a bit.

You don't need to start a new thread every time you have a new question. You can even quote a previous post of yours (in one of your other related threads) in which you mention shooting from prone while using the mag as a monopod.
    Last edited by grizzman; 11-16-19 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2007 View Post
    Shooting prone using my magazine as monopod with a lightweight bcm 14.5" upper, how much should I expect the reticle to shake at 100 yards as beginner and how much shake should I expect after some dryfire practice for 1 hour a day for 2 weeks at 100 yards

and shooting kneeling (the kind where you place all your weight on your right foot) how much should I expect the reticle to shake at 50 yards and 100 yards as a beginner, and again how much reticle shake should I expect after 1 hour of dry fire practice for 2 weeks.

Also, and please dont let the detract from my original post does anyone know of any videos or channels on youtube that show a view from the reticle as the shooter shoots, idealy prone using the magazine as a monopod and kneeling at 50 or 100 yards. An example of what I am looking for would be supersetca's review of 1-6x optics, at 5:25 he begins shooting with a razor 1-6x with a view of the recticle I am looking for
    The reticle shouldn’t shake as you’ve got point of contact with two hands, shoulder, check and the ground. If it’s shaking it’s because there is input from you making it shake.

You really need to take an intro to carbine class. All of you questions can be answered by a professional instructor in person.
    Last edited by ggammell; 11-16-19 at 15:02.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Until just now as a test, I have never used a magazine as a monopod while prone, since I have various bipods that work very well. I don't know why you're placing so much emphasis on a use case you should do everything possible to avoid.

In this position, the reticle shouldn't "shake" at all at 9 times magnification or below, but it may move from side to side a bit.

You don't need to start a new thread every time you have a new question. You can even quote a previous post of yours (in one of your other related threads) in which you mention shooting from prone while using the mag as a monopod.
    Disagree with you assessment that he should do everything possible to avoid it. It’s a valid technique for prone shooting when you don’t have a bipod.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It is a valid technique, but not different enough from a bipod to require much dedicated practice. It's clear to me that the OP is new to shooting, so why start out with more of a handicap than necessary. If bipods were rare, difficult to use, or cost more than they do, then alternates would be more important.

Once he's able to get sub 3" groups at 100 yards with a bipod, then monopodding with the mag can be practiced, if he wants more of a challenge.
    Last edited by grizzman; 11-16-19 at 15:09.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I do not own a bipod. And I do not intend to. No reason to get a bipod just to learn how to use it then move on.

Tell him to get a bipod and it’ll just create a new thread “how do I use a bipod for beginners.”

Feedback Score
    I'm actually not new to shooting in the least, just new to shooting past 25 yards. with a bipod and good ammo I can consistently shoot 1.5" groups. There is some input from my body that causes the weapon to shake if I don't have something to rest the front of the weapon on. I need to find out what that is.

Feedback Score
    My best advice is to dial back the scope, get a sling, and take an Appleseed course.