Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Expo Arms Rail

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Expo Arms Rail

I am looking to build an upper with a 20" barrel and a free floated rail. The upper will be used in a classic "ranch rifle" role - targets of opportunity, coyotes, rodents, and perhaps a deer or antelope. The only unused rail I have is a 12" ALG V2, and it looks a bit short with a 20" barrel.

Primary Arms sells 15" Expo Mlok rails for $99. They clamp on the barrel nut and have anti-rotation tabs (unlike the Matrix/Chandler Hardwood rails). US made. https://www.primaryarms.com/1+Rails-...ND--Handguards

What do you think of the rail for the stated purpose?

Thank You

Andy

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Looks Chi-Com to me. The claim to be machined out of bar stock is BS. PA isn't exactly a top tier retailer IMHO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It seems a bit heavy at 18.2 oz for using a 6061 barrel nut. MI SLH 15 is 11.6 with a steel barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    It seems a bit heavy at 18.2 oz for using a 6061 barrel nut. MI SLH 15 is 11.6 with a steel barrel nut.
    Holy cow, 18.2 oz. How did I miss that? Yeah, my ALG V1 15" is a fair bit lighter. Heck, the Matrix Arms rail I'm using on my 22 lr upper is at least 1/2 lb lighter.

Need to pony up a bit more cash, obviously.

Thank you both.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-22-20 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Expo(rted from China) Arms Rail

Feedback Score
    I’m pretty sure I remember hearing PA’s house brand Expo was using all quality manufacturers. Barrels, BCGs, receivers etc. The rail looks like a generic that many manufacturers are using.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's really sad to see two member's of such senior standing; with such terrible responses. I'd expect that kinda effort outa a '2019 join date'

1. Primary Arms is a FANTASTIC retailer. Their customer service is second to none, and they carry good brands at a fair price.

2. Expo Arms is their house brand and their rails are OEM'd from a little rail manufacture named CMT. Cross Machine and Tool. An American company. Their 'combat' line has some lightening cuts and uses CMT's patented rail nut.

I happen to like my combat rail quite a lot.

Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    It's really sad to see two member's of such senior standing; with such terrible responses. I'd expect that kinda effort outa a '2019 join date'

1. Primary Arms is a FANTASTIC retailer. Their customer service is second to none, and they carry good brands at a fair price.

2. Expo Arms is their house brand and their rails are OEM'd from a little rail manufacture named CMT. Cross Machine and Tool. An American company. Their 'combat' line has some lightening cuts and uses CMT's patented rail nut.

I don't believe that's the same rail the OP described (and badly) linked.

https://www.primaryarms.com/expo-arm...guard-black-15

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

Well they are doing a very poor job at marketing then. I dont like use of a 6061 barrel nut on rail that long. Maybe on a 7" rail I would be ok with it but I also cant find a picture of the aluminium barrel nut which better be huge if you using that kind of material. You could say they were using it reduce weight but its actually heavier than its competitors at the price point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Well they are doing a very poor job at marketing then. I dont like use of a 6061 barrel nut on rail that long. Maybe on a 7" rail I would be ok with it but I also cant find a picture of the aluminium barrel nut which better be huge if you using that kind of material. You could say they were using it reduce weight but its actually heavier than its competitors at the price point.

Aluminum barrel nut is 1.4 oz, steel 3.49 oz, according to STNGR
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 08-23-20 at 01:14.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast