Thread: HK P9S ammo?

Feedback Score

HK P9S ammo?

Need to pick the HK braintrust here, if I may?
    I have just acquired a P9S in 9mm, & have replaced the buffer, & recoil spring with new units. Would it be ok to run Win NATO 124 grain ammo through this pistol?? I only ask, as I have a lot of this stuff for my P7 PSP, SP5K.
    Thank you for any insights.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes why would it not work?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    Yes why would it not work?
    Was mainly concerned about the higher pressure levels of the NATO spec ammo??
    This piece is pretty old..(albeit pristine)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IMO unless it is an absolute heirloom, I’d sell it for as much as I could get and buy a solid modern gun and pocket the rest

Feedback Score
    Firefly...this is by no means a carry piece, more just an interesting frame of reference for the collection.
    A novelty if you will?? My carry pieces are a P7/VP9...just want to push a few rounds through the P9 so I can feel like Hunter. (though, I'd rather feel Dee Dee!!) 😁

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Firefly,

Good Lord.

Bantee,

It should be fine. That is basically what it was designed to shoot. As long as you have a buffer that is fresh, I think you are cool. The P9s is a seriously cool piece and after I get a Black Window Luger, I am going to get another one. Just a fascinating little piece of engineering that showcased lots of future manufacturing techniques.

GHB
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Mr Bell, thank you for your knowledge, on the subject. I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond, I did install a new buffer, & recoil spring even though I'm certain the spring was good. The buffer however was about 1/8th of an inch shorter than the new one. I'm excited to put rounds through it this week. Mine has a single action pull hovering around 3lbs+ that should make accurate hits exceptionally easy if I do my part.