Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 3 vs Gen 5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Gen 3 vs Gen 5

Being new to Glocks with the addition of the Gen 5's. Something keeps drawing me to a G17 Gen 3.
    WHY?? What is so good/better on a Gen 3 than any other Glock Gen model?
    The Gen 3, G17 will feel different in my hand, correct, from a Gen 5?
    Is the single recoil spring better/worse/same as the double spring??

It is the Cali Compliant model. 19/17 Gen 3's

Someone fill my brain about the Gen 3's. Would it be better than a G17 FS Gen 5? or a G35 Gen 5 MOS?

Thank You
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The Gen 3 has a totally different feel than the Gen 5. Finger grooves, chunkier grip, trigger is a bit different, grip texture is different. I’d recommend also trying a Gen 4 with medium backstrap as well as the Gen 5 with a medium backstrap. Those will have about the same grip size as the Gen 3, but a less blocky contour.

I like the Gen 4 G19 best, and thats what I’ve stuck with, but I also don’t think the differences are enough to really matter, as long as you pick one and stick with it.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gen 5.

Gen 3s were great. Gen 4s had some good improvements but I remember Gen 2s that had no finger grooves and that’s why Gen 5 is better. Like unless it was a super good deal, I wouldn’t go out of my way for a Gen 3

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I hated the feel of the Glock until the 5s came out. The Gen 5s are solid and unless someone has been shooting Glocks for a few generations, I wouldn’t recommend buying anything but the newest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I hated the feel of the Glock until the 5s came out. The Gen 5s are solid and unless someone has been shooting Glocks for a few generations, I wouldn’t recommend buying anything but the newest.

I only had a 43 before the Gen 5 came out. Now I have a Gen 5 19 FS and a 45, they're the best Glocks I've ever felt. Between the lack of finger grooves, texture, smooth trigger face, trigger pull, etc. they're great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    I only had a 43 before the Gen 5 came out. Now I have a Gen 5 19 FS and a 45, they're the best Glocks I've ever felt. Between the lack of finger grooves, texture, smooth trigger face, trigger pull, etc. they're great.
    The Glock Gen 5 are the best Glocks offered today. You can try to convince yourself otherwise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    The Glock Gen 5 are the best Glocks offered today. You can try to convince yourself otherwise.
    What gen3 has for me is decades of use. Gen5 isn't there and if this were any other manufacturer we'd be told what does it do that genXYZ doesn't.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What gen3 has for me is decades of use. Gen5 isn't there and if this were any other manufacturer we'd be told what does it do that genXYZ doesn't.
    ...but it’s not any other manufacturer.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

Well. There's Gen3s, and there's Gen3s.

The early 2-pin Gen3s weren't the same as the early 3-pin Gens, and they aren't the same as the what a Gen3 is now.

The early 3-pins were the best.

The past decade has been a rough one with Glock.

These latest Gen5s are showing promise to be the best guns they've made so far.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The all feel the same to me. I'd prefer G5 for it's ambidextrous controls but G3 has been proven over and over and over again. Not going to go out of my way to buy a G5 but if I see a used one for a good price I might pick it up.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast