Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Gen 3 vs Gen 5

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I hated the feel of the Glock until the 5s came out. The Gen 5s are solid and unless someone has been shooting Glocks for a few generations, I wouldn’t recommend buying anything but the newest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I only had a 43 before the Gen 5 came out. Now I have a Gen 5 19 FS and a 45, they're the best Glocks I've ever felt. Between the lack of finger grooves, texture, smooth trigger face, trigger pull, etc. they're great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fmjoe View Post
    I only had a 43 before the Gen 5 came out. Now I have a Gen 5 19 FS and a 45, they're the best Glocks I've ever felt. Between the lack of finger grooves, texture, smooth trigger face, trigger pull, etc. they're great.
    The Glock Gen 5 are the best Glocks offered today. You can try to convince yourself otherwise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    The Glock Gen 5 are the best Glocks offered today. You can try to convince yourself otherwise.
    What gen3 has for me is decades of use. Gen5 isn't there and if this were any other manufacturer we'd be told what does it do that genXYZ doesn't.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    What gen3 has for me is decades of use. Gen5 isn't there and if this were any other manufacturer we'd be told what does it do that genXYZ doesn't.
    ...but it’s not any other manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by Arik; 12-10-19 at 20:50.

Feedback Score
    IMO gen5 is the best version so far. No stupid finger grooves and revised spring designs should be less prone to breakage.

Feedback Score
    Gen4 was the first generation that fit my hand. Gen5 improved upon that. On top of that, it has a better finish on the slide, and a smoother trigger. To each his own, but my Gen5 19 is the best pistol I've owned.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Regarding the internals on the Gen 5, are they significantly different than previous generations?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Regarding the internals on the Gen 5, are they significantly different than previous generations?
    Yes, striker block is completely different, and trigger spring and housing are redesigned.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

Well. There's Gen3s, and there's Gen3s.

The early 2-pin Gen3s weren't the same as the early 3-pin Gens, and they aren't the same as the what a Gen3 is now.

The early 3-pins were the best.

The past decade has been a rough one with Glock.

These latest Gen5s are showing promise to be the best guns they've made so far.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast