Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: (not a) Red flag standoff - Putnam County NY *Developing*

Feedback Score

(not a) Red flag standoff - Putnam County NY *Developing*

Twitter is blowing up on a stand-off in Putnam County NY. Apparently a vet who goes by “whiskeywarrior556” had a red flag called in. He barricades self inside. Ensuing standoff led to people finding out on Twitter and people started overwhelming 911 system. Apparently police backed off. No real link to share at the moment.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    And so it begins....
    Won't be the last time this happens.
    People are gonna die eventually over this stupid Red Flag shit...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shared from Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    Large thread on tos
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...74120/?page=49

TLDR: no one knows what’s going on. I can’t make heads or tails out of all of this. One thing that stands out is how many people reportedly kitted up and headed his way in support.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    Shared from Twitter

Anyone believe them? Because I don’t. Glad to hear that people aren’t gonna sit silently and tolerate this crap.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    My son was driving from West Point to Syracuse today for Thanksgiving break with a family of a fellow cadet and heard it on the radio. I've tried to follow it, but it's a mess. Supposedly this former soldier from the Vermont National Guard was ratted out that he has PTSD and a 30 round mag. LE came to confront him on it and he barricaded himself in his home. Another story is he has a restraining order for domestic violence and came back to his former home, LE called and he started broadcasting on social media.

Other stories about people showing up armed at a local cemetery staging area, numerous arrests, cell phone service being brought down and people with out of State plates being stopped in Putnam County and surrounding area. All the online Patriots are up in arms and claiming this is the start of "Boogaloo", or it's a giant cluster like Orson Wells' War of the Worlds broadcast.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...ff-with-police

Here’s this.

The other thread? Wow. My head hurts after trying to read some of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m concerned that we are seeing the next stage in gun control rolled out. The first stage was “reasonable restrictions” and “common sense” laws. Ow we see the events in restricted states continue, which the anti-gun groups will use as justification for confiscation. Beto and Hillary aren’t joking when they say that sort of thing publicly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A few things:

-I think the guy who did the standoff is a loser
    -All things considered this was handled well as it did not result in loss of life
    -I’m thinking it was over his wife more than a magazine
    -Barfcom proves yet again that they are nothing but overweight, balding, pathetic Power Bottoms and that they are the cause of more gun control than they care to admit.

On a visceral level, people want to see someone “fight the power” but can we get better people? This guy gives me douche vibes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Anyone believe them? Because I don’t. Glad to hear that people aren’t gonna sit silently and tolerate this crap.

Actually yeah I do believe them in this case.

Until I hear wifey-poo speak out on behalf of the husband; I will safely assume she has no problem with him being in jail

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast