Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blues appreciation thread.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I love the Blues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just how far can you take variations on the Blues?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Samantha Fish...hotter than a two dollar pistol & can play a guitar like ringing a bell.
    Saw her in a little club last Sept. in Birmingham Al, got one of the best back up bands ever.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Samantha Fish...hotter than a two dollar pistol & can play a guitar like ringing a bell.
    Saw her in a little club last Sept. in Birmingham Al, got one of the best back up bands ever.
    Big+1 on Fish.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Saw her in MI six years ago, bought a few CD's, agreed on all.

A whole lot of what I've been diggin' since high school is..... HEY, come to find out..... influenced by the blues, or heavily influenced by the blues, or by-God direct covers of the blues. The leading band for me in this bursting at the seams category is Humble Pie. Many, many others did the same thing and never gave proper credit. For me probably the second-placer is Hendrix. Rare is the day in the shop that I don't play some Humble Pie or, even, nothing but Humble Pie.

I am lucky that in nearby Kalamazoo we have a pretty active association, the Kalamazoo Valley Blues Association. They bring us every year a really nice three-day Blues Fest where there will be a few or multiple national acts plus we have some pretty good outfits within a 300-mile radius. One local most-favored is the Out of Favor Boys.

As Elwood Blues says: The Blues had a baby, and they named it Rock n' Roll.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Saw her in MI six years ago, bought a few CD's, agreed on all.

A whole lot of what I've been diggin' since high school is..... HEY, come to find out..... influenced by the blues, or heavily influenced by the blues, or by-God direct covers of the blues. The leading band for me in this bursting at the seams category is Humble Pie. Many, many others did the same thing and never gave proper credit. For me probably the second-placer is Hendrix. Rare is the day in the shop that I don't play some Humble Pie or, even, nothing but Humble Pie.

I am lucky that in nearby Kalamazoo we have a pretty active association, the Kalamazoo Valley Blues Association. They bring us every year a really nice three-day Blues Fest where there will be a few or multiple national acts plus we have some pretty good outfits within a 300-mile radius. One local most-favored is the Out of Favor Boys.

As Elwood Blues says: The Blues had a baby, and they nicknamed it Rock n' Roll.)

I wore out my original vynil copy of Rockin the Fillmore, one of the handful of greatest live albums of all time.

I saw the Pie the tour they did after Frampton was gone, with Clem Clemson replacing him. Totally rocked, it did.

(But I can't imagine describing Hendrix as second-place in anything.)

Feedback Score
    Big Stevie Ray Vaughn fan.

Bonnamasa has some great stuff and has been mentioned already.

While I dont agree with UniVibe on a couple of things, Humble Pie is not one of them.

I find Blues Music, to be a study in what should be. That should be the first music everyone is introduced to. Some of the stuff out there is judged by bringing in a couple of wild dogs and if they lick their balls after hearing the song, than it is a hit.

Alleman Brothers, Live at the Fillmore East. One of the greatest blues albums put forth.
    Last edited by armtx77; 11-17-19 at 21:25.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    if you like Bonnamasa and SRV or something a little heavy.

https://youtu.be/4ZNffohooWw

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Blues appreciation thread.

Blues?

I give you Roy fricken Buchanan bitches.

https://youtu.be/DDOIL5OqvYs
    Last edited by HKGuns; 11-17-19 at 22:07.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast