Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2019: What are you getting?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

Here's the 27-2 with a 3.5" barrel. They did not make a huge number of these with the narrow hammer and trigger. I am not sure exactly how many Fuzzy Farrant did gunsmithing on for guys at LAPD, probably just a handful.

That is an awesome wheel gun.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Really wanted to pull the trigger on a LMT MWS Defender though. Had to resist.
    This is exactly what I bought. Ship date isn't till mid-February it seems.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

Here's the 27-2 with a 3.5" barrel. They did not make a huge number of these with the narrow hammer and trigger. I am not sure exactly how many Fuzzy Farrant did gunsmithing on for guys at LAPD, probably just a handful.

The stocks look like that because it's a "cut frame" gun.

That allows for a very compact yet very comfortable grip. You also have a very straight and horizontal trigger pull, as opposed to an angled grip. This makes for a much more consistent pull.

The stocks have a shape similar to the old "coke-bottle" Magna stocks, which are very highly prized, especially if original to the revolver.

And this is the 6" Farrant gun I have, it's got a target trigger and hammer. It was likely a gun carried by a patrol officer used to shoot the LAPD "Bonus" course. I have the original holster that the officer used with that revolver.

It was on display this summer at the S&W Collectors Association show. I loaned it to a friend, who has a very famous revolver collection.

I am currently hunting a Smith and Wesson 2.5" Model 19 done by John Hurst. I'd also like to get a Model 10 done by Guy Hogue, who went on to start the Hogue company. That would complete my collection of guns from LAPD officers that made revolver stocks.

Hope you liked it.
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danus ex View Post
    This is exactly what I bought. Ship date isn't till mid-February it seems.
    Please post pics and results when you get it.

Feedback Score
    Bought a Leupold RX-1600I rangefinder (almost 1/2 off @ BP) so I can verify my 1000 yard steel targets for the 6.5 Grendel and a pair of Vortex Vulture 15 x 56 binos so my GF can see the javelina better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Cool, which one?
    https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...fh-mcmr-15.htm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Update: My Geissele stuff arrived with not one, but two, goodie bags filled with Geissele bling. Not sure how that happened, I put "2" in the quantity on the bling bags and got them: two of everything. I bought a SSA-E trigger group. Good deal and the coffee is terrific! (It's not worth $14 for 12 ounces of the stuff, but ... ).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don’t even think mine has shipped yet. I haven’t heard anything except my confirmation email.

Mine was $500 from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I purchased the buffer spare parts kit from KAK for 20% off.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    Update: My Geissele stuff arrived with not one, but two, goodie bags filled with Geissele bling. Not sure how that happened, I put "2" in the quantity on the bling bags and got them: two of everything. I bought a SSA-E trigger group. Good deal and the coffee is terrific! (It's not worth $14 for 12 ounces of the stuff, but ... ).
    I'm patiently waiting to hear about my order getting started and having them seek out an FFL to send it to. Ordered on Thanksgiving

Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast