Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2019: What are you getting?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I failed miserably,
    But was this failure or simply another form of success?

Feedback Score
    I made one order at Geissele's for $49 on Friday. 2 more days, 4 more orders, and about $1500, I finally said enough. Really, all I wanted was a charging handle.
    DK

Feedback Score
    I am waiting on a Primary Arms 2.5x Prism scope. Got it for $119 on cyber Monday. Thanks Mrgunsandgear!

Feedback Score
    Eazyeach I thought about that one myself. I bought an Arisaka light and mount, new shooting glasses, and a UBR 2. Wish I had the funds for a complete rifle with some of the deals.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A nice thicc AccuPower 1-8 for Cyber Monday and some purple Lancers . Funny thing, I ordered the green on a whim then gathered Intel from 2017 that red was brighter on sunny days, called trijicon to see if anything changed or whatever, because my 1-4 in green was the least daylight bright thing and they acted surprised but swore up and down the 1-8 in either color is super lit up. We'll see..

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Smith and Wesson 3.5" Model 27-2, modified by Fuzzy Farrant of LAPD.

I paid a truly ridiculous price, the pawn shop did not know what they had. I've seen sets of Farrant stocks in worse shape, costing more that what I paid for the entire pistol.

This is my second Farrant LAPD gun, I'm hunting a John Hurst pistol next.
    When do we get to see photos of those?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    A nice thicc AccuPower 1-8 for Cyber Monday and some purple Lancers . Funny thing, I ordered the green on a whim then gathered Intel from 2017 that red was brighter on sunny days, called trijicon to see if anything changed or whatever, because my 1-4 in green was the least daylight bright thing and they acted surprised but swore up and down the 1-8 in either color is super lit up. We'll see..
    Yeah, Accupowers might be bright enough to be seen in the day sometimes, but none of them are "Daylight Bright". Owned a 1-4 Green MOA and looked at several examples of 1-8s, doesn't remotely enter the 'daylight bright' realm IMO.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 12-04-19 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    When do we get to see photos of those?
    Ask, and ye shall receive.

Here's the 27-2 with a 3.5" barrel. They did not make a huge number of these with the narrow hammer and trigger. I am not sure exactly how many Fuzzy Farrant did gunsmithing on for guys at LAPD, probably just a handful.

The stocks look like that because it's a "cut frame" gun.

That allows for a very compact yet very comfortable grip. You also have a very straight and horizontal trigger pull, as opposed to an angled grip. This makes for a much more consistent pull.

The stocks have a shape similar to the old "coke-bottle" Magna stocks, which are very highly prized, especially if original to the revolver.

And this is the 6" Farrant gun I have, it's got a target trigger and hammer. It was likely a gun carried by a patrol officer used to shoot the LAPD "Bonus" course. I have the original holster that the officer used with that revolver.

It was on display this summer at the S&W Collectors Association show. I loaned it to a friend, who has a very famous revolver collection.

I am currently hunting a Smith and Wesson 2.5" Model 19 done by John Hurst. I'd also like to get a Model 10 done by Guy Hogue, who went on to start the Hogue company. That would complete my collection of guns from LAPD officers that made revolver stocks.

Hope you liked it.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    And that Model 27 looks very top-heavy, yet is extremely controllable in full recoil. It barely moves with .38 Special Federal Gold Medal Match wadcuttters, and is quite controllable with .357 Magnum 158-grain Gold Dots, or my favorite - the 357 Magnum 145-grain Silvertip. That round had an an enviable track record back in the day, and many a felon ceased their evil deeds when introduced to it at 1200 feet per second.

An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Hope you liked it.
    I certainly did, thank you!

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast