Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday 2019: What are you getting?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    According to TOS, this is an email Geissele has sent to some of those still waiting on Black Friday orders:

Hello Geissele 5.5%s!
    Yes that is you, a member of a very select group. Membership in this exclusive group is given by Geissele to those who still are waiting on their Black Friday orders! We have only 5.5% of our orders to go.

I know you don't want to be in this gang but we are victims of our own success and we are sorry to drag you into it.

Here is an update on the groups of stuff we still have to send out:

Lowers/Receivers we still have a fair amount to go but every day we are shipping. We lost 50 DDC lowers recently due to shadows in the anodizing and this set us back.
    DDC BUIS due to be anodized and shipped next week.
    Super Precision scope mounts 30mm will ship early next week.
    ODG charging handles plan is to ship Monday.
    14.5" URG-I will ship end of next week once anodizing is completed.
    Grey guns Well, this color made me have even more grey hairs then I have now. Late next week ship unless the color goes south again but I have my fingers crossed.
    Super Duty Luna Black This has been our biggest hit. Folks love the color and the smoothness. We are shipping these as FFL info come in.
    Super Duty uppers DDC, ODG, Grey, Black next Saturday we plan to have all shipped.
    Last 13 BG rifles all ship by Thursday of next week.

I personally thank you for your business, patience, trust and being a Geissele customer.

Bill Geissele
    I got the first Black Friday email (the one about 13% or whatever), but did not get this one. (Again, I didn't order anything during Geissele's Black Friday 2019 sale. But I did order some items during their New Years sale and have received about one-third of it.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Two and a half months, and the email that went out yesterday says there is still a fair amount to go, with some things shipping out supposedly like next week while others don't even have a timetable except the last one which made it sound like hopefully everything ships before it's March.
    Apparently I'm too subtle. I was kind of wondering why this baby is still open.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I bet if you start a new thread about Geissele black friday orders, this one could be closed.

Or, are you concerned that it makes G look bad so we should shut it down?

It's useful because Geissele's communication and organization are so bad that following along with others is the only way some people have any idea what is going on. More than a few people claim they email and contact and call and never hear anything, people who don't have accounts whose status they can check don't know if theirs has been marked shipped yet, people have received orders that still show processing online, people have orders that say complete online that they haven't received, people are waiting for orders but not getting the update emails, it's really convenient to be able to share what we are told/receive with others who are in the dark.

yes that is the email that went out.

I overlooked the fact that it wasn't posted in here, I'll post future Geissele black friday emails somewhere on this forum as I get them, as a courtesy to those with outstanding orders who aren't getting the emails.

I don't poke aorund this forum much maybe there is a Geissele specific section we can be quarantined in while we wait. And wait. And wait.
    Last edited by Warp; 02-10-20 at 16:33.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I don't poke aorund this forum much maybe there is a Geissele specific section we can be quarantined in while we wait. And wait. And wait.
    Geissele participates so little on these forums that I forgot they have a forum in the manufacturers' section, here. But given nobody has posted in any but one of them since 2019 (and six of the eleven have been posted in in 2019 or 2020, while five of them have not been posted in since 2018 - with half of those having not been posted in since 2016 or earlier), I don't think anyone would notice if you posted anything in it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bet if you start a new thread about Geissele black friday orders, this one could be closed.

Or, are you concerned that it makes G look bad so we should shut it down?
    No, in case you haven't noticed, I'm kind of a jerk, it was more a snarky observation on the seemingly arbitrary nature of thread closings.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I still might get a Geissele rifle.

Not sure. Waiting on Bill to confirm.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Perhaps because IG isn’t here to shut it down.

I’m sure it can be arranged.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Perhaps because IG isn’t here to shut it down.

I’m sure it can be arranged.
    I sure wish that he could come back and close this thing, he is missed around here, but I'm sure his family misses him more.

P.S. It was pretty much self- closed, no posts for 10-11 days. Then Warp did that facebook-like post, and that apparently attracted your attention, and you responded to mine, which in turn prompted me to make this smart-assed P.S. and, I'm sure we are off and running again.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry. I won't let it lag for 11 days next time. I figured having it basically be dead would appease the complainers but staying active is better, so be it. The www.ar15.com threads are active daily, if you are going through withdrawal you can always visit there. https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...664265&page=71

And, hopefully, if G is keeping his/their word, I'll be able to post that I did get a G rifle before 11 more days pass, even.

I understand this is kind of a black eye on the industry and on a popular retailer, but I hate to see on topic truth discussion shut down because people don't want to be reminded of it

One of these months I'll be able to update the thread with an actual rifle! Supposedly.
    Last edited by Warp; 02-21-20 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I ordered a green rifle, and no word of them mentioned, to my knowledge. I have other rifles to play with, so I am not in a rush, but it would be dissapointing to get this far and NOT get a rifle.

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast