Thread: I bought a used Browning XBolt 270win Hunter, and found factory ammo that is less tha

Feedback Score

I bought a used Browning XBolt 270win Hunter, and found factory ammo that is less tha

I've tried Remington 150gr core-lokt, federal 150gr non-typical, then I tried Federal 130gr power-shok. Wow, I don't think hand loading will produce better results. This is a 100 yard group.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    While I’m sure there is somebody out there that could handload something better, that is a SOLID group. You’ll have fun with that rifle.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice score!

I once helped a coworker with his Savage 110 .270. It was a pre-Accutrigger, birch stocked base gun with a cheap 3x9 Banner scope. The bore was rusted and dark. I removed the stock, cleaned off all the rust and gunk, used J-B bore compound to clean up the bore as good as I could and put it back together. With Win 130gr Ballistic Silvertips it shot 5/8" 5 shot groups (average of 4) at 100 yards. It's still hard to believe.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    My A Bolt 7-08 is the most accurate hunting type bolt gun I’ve ever owned. Traded an extra cheap model Savage 308 for it. A buddy of mine has several A Bolts and X Bolts that are also very accurate. Browning seems to make good rifles.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-18-19 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Browning have always shot well. My buddy bought a hells canyon Xbolt in 6.5cm that consistently is under half moa with Hornady 143gr ELD-X factory ammo. It outshoots how Fierce rifle that costs 3x as much.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Browning have always shot well. My buddy bought a hells canyon Xbolt in 6.5cm that consistently is under half moa with Hornady 143gr ELD-X factory ammo. It outshoots how Fierce rifle that costs 3x as much.
    My brother has an Abolt 308, which he won't let go. It's a very fine rifle.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk