Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Eyes Bulbs & Batteries

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Wolf Eyes Bulbs & Batteries

So how do the Wolf Eyes gear interchange, or complement, the Surefire gear???

Specifically:

I use Surefire G2's for work around the house. It's not uncommon to drain one set per 8 hour day of work in the attic, etc....

Rechargeable batteries would be great for this type of use and keep the CR123A's for "quick light" needs.

The lights I have one of more of to use are:

A2, G2, 6P, 9P, E2D.

So, what's the scoop??? How would the Wolf Eyes stuff help me, or add to the versatility of my gear?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nobody knows?? Do I get to be the guinea pig?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Sorry Ed, missed this. I have a lot of experience with these bulbs and chargers. The 6V recharge system comes with a special bulb, battery and charger. You HAVE to use their bulb with their rechargeable battery. This isn't a bad thing as it increases output to somewhere around 80-100 Lumens.

The 9V system can use any SF P90 or P91 bulb or you can use their 200 Lumen 9V bulb.

You cannot use the system with LED's or in the E Series (as you cannot switch the bulbs out).

Hope this helps.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    You cannot use the system with LED's or in the E Series (as you cannot switch the bulbs out). Hope this helps. C4
    Anyone know of a higher output lamp for the E2E/D/etc than the MN03?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Grant, you have any comment on the WE bulb durability? I put one in my g/f's work G2 and she dropped it on shift two or so, shattering the bulb. I switched the OEM (P60?) back in and it has survived a few more drops unscathed.

For my $0.02, the best value going for lumens and runtime are the KL1 head for the e1/e2 and the KL3 on the G2/6P. The runtimes are excellent, and they accomodate the RCR123's and 17670 cells just fine. I really don't worry about running out of light on some accident scene somewhere and contact burns are a thing of the past.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911
    Anyone know of a higher output lamp for the E2E/D/etc than the MN03?

Not that I am aware of.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47
    Grant, you have any comment on the WE bulb durability? I put one in my g/f's work G2 and she dropped it on shift two or so, shattering the bulb. I switched the OEM (P60?) back in and it has survived a few more drops unscathed.

For my $0.02, the best value going for lumens and runtime are the KL1 head for the e1/e2 and the KL3 on the G2/6P. The runtimes are excellent, and they accomodate the RCR123's and 17670 cells just fine. I really don't worry about running out of light on some accident scene somewhere and contact burns are a thing of the past.
    Never known one to break. I do have customers that simply turn on their SF lights and the bulbs go. Bulbs are funny things and it is nearly impossible to say from one batch to the next on how they will handle shock and or power.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grant- so what would a 200 Lumen bulb for a 9v Surefire Millenium M3 combat light cost, along with the batteries and charger?

I *think* my light is currently at 130 or so- the lower of the two possible.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    Grant- so what would a 200 Lumen bulb for a 9v Surefire Millenium M3 combat light cost, along with the batteries and charger?

I *think* my light is currently at 130 or so- the lower of the two possible.

The SF Mil. series lights use the MN10/MN11 bulb. These bulbs are larger than the WE bulbs and will not work.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh well. Thanks anyway...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast